FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband set up

Sarah74
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hello. Joined TalkTalk today for landline and broadband. Plugged the broadband cable in to the master socket, plugged in the power cord, switched it on and I have had a flashing amber light for the past 2hrs. I have switched off and on a number of times and also checked my connection which looks fine by the tests I have done .... please help 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Sarah,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Message 2 of 5

So ... its 8.25am the day after I was suppose to be connected with my broadband and still nothing. I've now been without broadband for 20hrs. I've had 2 chats with the webchat team, been cut off twice, they took my mobile number from me and didn't bother calling me back or updating me via text on either occasions. Great start to my contract with talk talk 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Thanks Martin, I cant check the phone line as I done have a home phone, we just use it for broadband access. We recieved the emails from TalkTalk to say the service would start today. The Sky service has stopped so I assumed that the TalkTalk service would be ready to use. As mentioned, i have done the online phone line checker and everything seems to be fine apart from no broadband connection on the router. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

@Sarah74 

Have you received notification that your service is "live" ?

Is your phone working and does dialing 17070 get you a readback of your allocated TT number ?

The service can be connected at cabinet level but full authentication of the line can be at any time up until midnight on your "go live" date.