FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed and line crackling

Hangingbyathread
Team Player
Message 32 of 32

TT......now not for me.....

We have had broadband speed issues since taking on a new contract with you (problems for over six weeks).

The faster fibre boost has done zero in performance terms.....I was promised over 50mps.....best speed is 35mps on a good day....more often less than 20mps.

Now we have numerous dropped connections.....crackling phone line....this morning the message announced audibly on the phone was "there is a fault please hang up"....

This has got worse since we had been hit with many days of rain. This tells me there is a shorting issue in the line .....considering all cables in this area are bellow ground it makes sense that there is water ingress.

TT requested Openreach....chat told me yesterday they had been.....!!!

There has been someone at the property since that request was put in and no openreach representatives have been seen.

I have complained until I am sick.....the TT online chat is poor.....the call centre is the same....asking me the same questions over and over again.

Yet here we are six weeks later....intermittent service....poor call centre response...and I am PAYING FOR IT......

It's like going to a Fuel station, putting in £50 of fuel and only getting £20.....then telling the supplier the problem.....they then respond by saying "we'll look into it....but just keep paying your bill, you're under contract"......Now is that fair......or something else...?

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 1 of 32

Hi Hangingbyathread 

Please can you go to your Private Messages, top right corner of the of the page. You should then see my message. Please can you click on the reply button in blue in the message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 32

I did...I thought it was private...then it got edited.

You can't make this stuff up....how do I send a private message...?

You managed to send BT last weekend...whats happened since then...?

I am the account holder...tell me hpw I go private.

I am really hanging by a thread....giving up the will to live honestly.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 32

Hi Hangingbyathread 

Please can you reply to my Private Message, I can then arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 32

Hello TT - I reply thinking its private and its not.......FGS...thankfully someone edited it...!!

TT have my email address just send me an email or even better call me on the mobile....you have the number - TT Salford called Saturday....on the mobile.....

Honestly its "Carry on Broadband " ....the film.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 32

TT I am the ccount holder - If I wasn't I wouldn't keep telling you we have a problem.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 32

Hello TT - what details do you need...?

M

0 Likes

Message 7 of 32

Hi Hangingbyathread 

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange another engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 32

Hi Hangingbyathread 

I have advised our Network Team of this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 32

TT - just put a handset directly into the BT socket....no filters, no wifi.....just a phone....

Guess what....loads of crackling.

I rest my case.

M.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 32

So that's what they think.....well I think they are wrong, and cars passing over the pavement seem to have changed things.

But lets see what happens.....now if they are wrong.....they'll be sending someone out....

Lisa spoke the other day about compensation for the time this has taken to get right....and it still isn't....

I don't want compensation I want to be out of the TT system and with a provider that has a call centre here that I can deal with and understand.....and they can understand me.

M.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 32

Hi Hangingbyathread 

Our Network Team have advised that the line tests are clear following the work completed by the BT Openreach engineer. Our Network Team believe that the noise is related to the router so they have sent you a different router.

You should receive this within the next 24hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 32

Super thank you Debbie.

Thanks again,

M.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 32

Hi Hangingbyathread 

I have escalated this fault back over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 32

TT - your wonderful system won't allow me to send you really good evidence of the fault.

You know my email address....send me an email and I will send you the recording.

M.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 32

Hello Debbie - we have a quite technical business.....I do understand what you are asking and if I am confused as to where the fault lies.....But please be under no illusion I can tell its on all calls we make.....and furthermore just click for dial tone and it's back and as loud as ever.

I am going to try and attach a recording I have just taken of the sound.....and when the line is activated to call - broadband fails instantaneously.

Our car has just passed over the pavement and the broadband just went off......the BT chap that said there was a buried connection I repeat yet again seems to have something with that observation.

M.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 32

Hi Hangingbyathread 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Is the crackling noise present on all calls? Once I've confirmed this then I will escalate this fault back over to our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 32

BROADBAND FAILING AGAIN..........AT 20.26.....THERE ARE STILL ISSUES.....THE FIRST BT MAN WHO SAID THERE WAS AN UNDERGOUND JOINT IS LOOKING TO BE RIGHT.

THE SECOND BT GUY SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THIS OUT......THE FIRST CHAP SAID OUR CABLE IS A GREY ARMOURED CABLE......THIS DOESN'T APPEAR IN THE BT BOX.....THIS IS WHY HE THINKS THERE IS ANOTHER BURIED CONNECTION...THEY, BT NEED TO RETURN ASAP.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 32

Hello TT.........YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS - THE CRACKLING IS BACK......INTERNET JUST DROPPED OFF AGAIN........IT'S NOT GONE.....THERE IS STILL SOMETHING ELSE.

THE FIRST CHAP FROM BT SAID HE THOUGHT THERE WAS A BURIED CONNECTION THAT NEEDED DIGGING UP......HE MIGHT JUST BE RIGHT,

BETTER GET THEM BACK AND GET IT RIGHT.

UNHAPPY  😞 😞 😞

0 Likes

Message 19 of 32

Hello TT just thought I'd let you see the state of the connection in BT box.....the chap that attended on Saturday morning (23/03/2019) made all connections good and dried out the unit.

This made the line better - then in the afternoon another BT engineer found the fractured wire in their connection box.

Photos attached.

Thanks,

M.20190323_093813.jpg20190323_093816.jpg20190323_093820.jpg20190323_162635.jpg20190323_162639.jpg

0 Likes

Message 20 of 32

Hello TT,

I haven't done that yet - but I will test asap and report back.

Thanks,

M.

0 Likes