FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed and line crackling

Hangingbyathread
Team Player
Message 32 of 32

TT......now not for me.....

We have had broadband speed issues since taking on a new contract with you (problems for over six weeks).

The faster fibre boost has done zero in performance terms.....I was promised over 50mps.....best speed is 35mps on a good day....more often less than 20mps.

Now we have numerous dropped connections.....crackling phone line....this morning the message announced audibly on the phone was "there is a fault please hang up"....

This has got worse since we had been hit with many days of rain. This tells me there is a shorting issue in the line .....considering all cables in this area are bellow ground it makes sense that there is water ingress.

TT requested Openreach....chat told me yesterday they had been.....!!!

There has been someone at the property since that request was put in and no openreach representatives have been seen.

I have complained until I am sick.....the TT online chat is poor.....the call centre is the same....asking me the same questions over and over again.

Yet here we are six weeks later....intermittent service....poor call centre response...and I am PAYING FOR IT......

It's like going to a Fuel station, putting in £50 of fuel and only getting £20.....then telling the supplier the problem.....they then respond by saying "we'll look into it....but just keep paying your bill, you're under contract"......Now is that fair......or something else...?

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 21 of 32

Hi Hangingbyathread 

I'm sorry to hear this.

What speed do you receive if you run a wired speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 32

Hello TT - thanks for the reply.....76mps at BTs connection ....at our wifi we have lost quite a large amount of speed. Just tested it today and 42.30 mps download - 18.89 upload.

Thanks again.

M

0 Likes

Message 23 of 32

Hi Hangingbyathread

Glad it got fixed, we can see you in sync at 76 mbps. 

I will pass on your feedback regarding your previous contacts with our customer service teams. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 24 of 32

TT thank you for that - it's quite clear that if you need anything done go to Trust Pilot, speak the truth, and something happens. The capitalists do not like negative expression.

So what's the outcome....well this morning at around 10 am a gentleman called Paul from Openreach came to the home and checked the line and found that 17ms out from the inside connection the fault was being registered. Basically outside under the pavement he concludes there is a joint that is faulty.....Something I have been telling the TT team, based far away, for weeks and weeks. I told them it was a line fault....something I do know about through my work. Did they ever get the message......NO.

Openreach were brilliant and my thanks goes out to Paul their guy today that did the business.

Now someone in TT Customer Services is telling porkies because they told me Openreach had been.....and clearly they had not.....THIS I TAKE EXCEPTION TO.

Tell me facts not fabrications.

Below an excerpt from the TT reps text....

"Having looked into this, I can see that one of our Complaint Managers did contact you on 15/03/2019, 20:01 and we sincerely apologise that we did not call you at the promised time however, as per the complaint notes, you advised that the crackling noise had cleared as the "rain was dry" though you had not seen any BT engineers maintaining the line and this normally "happens when there is heavy rain."

Sbahle Ndlovu
Your TalkTalk Team.

"Rain was dry....This happens when the rain is heavy"....

What absolute rubbish.

It does not happen when the rain is heavy and at no point did I say the fault had been miraculously repaired by itself.

The bottom line is Paul a very efficient Open reach representative found the fault outside the property beneath the pavement....It now needs Cat scanning to find the exact position of the water damaged connection. It then can be excavated and repaired sealed and hopefully get me to the end of my term.

I must thank the TT community team for getting BT out finally after 6 weeks to pinpoint the problem.

The community team I can give full marks to...but online chat....TT representives offshore....the review is poor to damn well shocking.

One final point.....the bad connection will affect broadband speed......so we now have the reason why we have below perfomance speed..... !!!!

M.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 32

Hi @Hangingbyathread

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket in 48 hours for an update

Regards

0 Likes

Message 26 of 32

Hi @Hangingbyathread

Thanks for updating your profile. 

I will look into this for you and get back to you ASAP. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

Congratulations!

Hey Hangingbyathread,

You've just earned the First Reply badge, So what's it all about? Here's a description of the badge you've just received:

Dear TT - it's not a badge I need it's my phone and broadband fixing....

0 Likes

Message 28 of 32

Hello Keith - thanks for the reply .....I am amazed that you not a talktalk employee got back to me first....!!

Regards,

M.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 32

Hello Karl all updated.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 30 of 32

Hi Hangingbyathread

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 31 of 32

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes