FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed regularly very slow

Skidtyme
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 10

My speed should be 30-40 mbps..but regularly drops to as low as 2mbps... I've done live chat several times,whilst speed has been slow and run speedtest while on the chat and been told it'll get looked into and sorted..I got a msg acknowledging slow speed and saying 30 days for talktalk to sort or could leave but I've heard nothing else.When I log into my account now it says eveything good etc...but it isnt.Dont mind the speed dropping a bit but not as low as it does, as talktalk tv relies on internet ,so we regularly cant watch subscribed channels as get blank screen and error mag and recordings regularly fail...dont see the point in doing another live chat,to go thru all the same stuff for nothing to be done...help

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
Hi...sorry..not been on here for ages...mew router works ok..but speed still drops for no reason...at least several times a week...currently sitting at below 1mbps...20 min ago was up at 32mbps...this happens a lot
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Skidtyme

Apologies for this.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi,yeah..could try that, talk talk tv box now having issues connecting to router

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 10

Hi Skidtyme,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear that the speeds are still dropping when connected wired. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Skidtyme
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 10
My son just told me he tried to do wired test when he noticed was going slow....but was so slow...speed test page wouldnt load on his pc,which is wired with a 2m cable...i got reading of uner 1,on my fone on wifi..standing next to router..switched back on...and speed back up to 37.5....aaargh😬
0 Likes

Message 6 of 10
Will do...have just turned router off for 30 min to reset as speed just dropped to below 1 for no apparent reason
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Hi Skidtyme,

Thanks for confirming this. Would it be possible to run a few wired speed tests at different times of the day using the TalkTalk Speed Tester please so we can see how the the speeds compare?

Thanks

Message 8 of 10

Hi, both wired and wireless...can be in 30s one min....then can drop as low as 1-2 for no apparent reason....no line faults detected ...no faults on any equipment....just regular dropping of speeds...so not much i can do apparently 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Skidtyme

I'm really sorry to hear this.

When the speed drops are you connected wired or wireless?

The line test hasn't detected any faults and the line is in sync at 39.9mb.

Thanks

Debbie