FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bufferbloat/Packet Loss

megmog29
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 6

I am hoping someone can help me with some packet loss issues I have been having for about a week now. It seems to have a strange pattern of going 1%,3% and then 5% which makes me believe it could be hardware related? I have done a fresh install of windows twice now and removed and reinstalled all network drivers? I really cant work this out.

I have contacted my ISP (Yourselves) who have insisted that there is nothing wrong with my line. I have ran numerous ping test too and you can see the packets getting lost. My ISP have been testing my line over the weekend and will be calling me on Monday with the results. I would just like to know if anyone else has had these issues in the past? Please note I am connected to a powerline ethernet system but when I have plugged my PC directly into the router it has not made a difference.

The images show packet loss on PUBG. I have also experience it on Apex Legends and Overwatch. I did also try another system and PS5 Apex legends has packet loss MAJORLY. Is there a tool to show what wifi channel is the best to use and not be so backed up/congested? I live in a 2 story apartment and have never had issues until the past week or so. Please help. If anyone could help over discord that would be great just ask for my details.

PL1: https://gyazo.com/c0679994039dbf357e09cbd46da7d04a

PL2: https://gyazo.com/9ff13251de36f7c40d19c7144590fdde

PL3: https://gyazo.com/71643712ebfa6418a5b9cdbcccc2fbf6

I have also ran a bufferbloat test and this AGAIN shows the issue is your end

Results: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=5e4b422e-f269-48a3-8d27-e317d9447a56

How in the hell do I go about fixing this? 

Josh
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Closing as duplicate thread, please can you post on your original topic on the Community.   Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Well I just can not work out what this problem is. I have been having this issue way too long now. I need it fixed asap. Thinking of getting a secondary router specifically with SQM (Smart Queue Management) It is only when I am trying to play things online I am having Packet Loss. Does the Huawei model have more settings I can maybe play around with? I could really do with an engineer coming out or something to check over my stuff

Josh
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

I have never heard of SQM. The Sagemcom does support WiFi optimisation, which is a remote diagnostic utility of TalkTalk's. This has the power to override any router WiFi configuration and it alone is sometimes the cause of WiFi issues. You cannot disable it, but TalkTalk can if you ask them.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Keith,

My router is FAST 5364-3 Sagemcom. I do also have the Huawei router but I have not set that back up as I had the exact same problem. I have been told I need to find a SQM setting in my router to fix this. Do you know if either of these routers have this as an option. I stream on the side of work and actually earn some revenue from this but I have only been able to stream offline games and it is effecting my viewership. I really need help on this one

Thank You

Josh
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Yes you can use  a WiFi analyser, or I can help you a lot with this.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes