FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect phone to wifi

Cookster
Participant
Message 21 of 21

Had a Sagemcom Fast 5364 Router sitting in cupboard since it was delivered 2 years ago. Decided to use it and set up seemed okay until I tried to connect my Samsung j5. After several tries using password and wps I cannot connect phone due to ' incorrect password ' or 'authentication error'. Reverted back to old router.

Anyone any ideas

Thanks 

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure why the connection is not working the same with the new router.

If you do experience any issues with your current router then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Cookster
Participant
Message 2 of 21

Yes the HG633 is working amazing compared to the new routers. Page loading is almost instantaneous.

thanks 

Paul 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi Cookster

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm not sure why you experiencing this issue with the new routers.

Is the HG633 working ok at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Cookster
Participant
Message 4 of 21

Hello. I have switched back to my old router as I was having so many problems I could not even reply to your posts as pages wouldn't load. Thanks for your help but I can not be bothered to waste any more time on some thing which shouldn't be as difficult to do as it has turned out. I might as well as had an old dial up connection with the speed of the new routers. Sorry to waste your time and thanks again for trying to help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi Cookster

Thanks for your reply.

Is this on the wired device? I'm just checking incase it's just the wireless affected.

I would advise splitting the SSID's (I have done this on my router and I'm using the same router as you)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hello, I have connected the new router and seem to have connection across all devices although I have had to restart just about everything to get a connection and page loading is much slower than old router normally on old router pages load straight away but not with new one.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hello,

I've just checked but I can't connect to the router. Did you have a chance to change over the routers?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21
0 Likes

Cookster
Participant
Message 9 of 21

The router was and is always connected by a wired connection which should take priority over wifi. I will reconnect the new router again tomorrow morning as in Thursday 1st July for you to be able to connect to it.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hi Cookster

Would it be ok to connect the Huawei WIFI hub so I can connect to the router?

Please can you also try and connect wired?

Thanks

0 Likes

Cookster
Participant
Message 11 of 21

I believe so as wifi seemed to be getting turned off. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi Cookster

Thanks for your reply.

Did you also experience the issue with wired connections (on the new Huawei hub)

Thanks

0 Likes

Cookster
Participant
Message 13 of 21

The router was huawei although they look the same. My old router is huawei and i am not getting any issues with that one. The new ones are giving me problems.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi Cookster

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Was the replacement router another Sagemcom hub or a Huawei WIFI hub?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Thank you for the new router. However this doesn't work properly either. I don't understand what the problem is. Phones connected ok and computer tells me that I am connected both ethernet and wifi but the router is so slow. One minute I can get a page up the next they won't load and it tells me I got no internet connection whilst everything else tells me I have. Have put my old talktalk router back and that works super fast with no problems so I am lost for whats going on.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi

I am seeing a lot of errors on the wifi side.  I've another router on the way so we can rule out a hardware issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Cookster
Participant
Message 17 of 21

Have added phone number

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi Cookster

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

Sorry for length of time to reply. Reconnected Sagemcom router and phones connected okay. Problem now is having connected to computer via cable I can not get an internet connection with my pc either wired or wifi. Invalid ip configuration is one error message I get. Reconnected old router with no problems what so ever so don't understand what is going on.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 21

Hi Cookster,

I'm sorry to hear this. What version of firmware is currently on the Sagemcom router?

Thanks

0 Likes