FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Xbox Live multiplayer

davidwilkinson89
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi everyone,

I seem to be having a problem trying to play online multiplayer on my Xbox Series S and Xbox One. I can connect to Xbox Live and visit the Microsoft Store, but I just cannot connect to multilayer on any game. This is with Bethesda games, call of duty warzone, halo and others. Ive tried doing a hard reboot of both my console and my router but no luck.

It seems to be getting stuck at the "Syncing data..." stage when trying to load a game as well just before the main menu. I can skip this and play game campaigns in offline mode but just cannot play multiplayer.

I can see my xbox friends online and that sort of thing though.

Anyone got any ideas? Is it to do with opening ports that microsoft is expecting to be open maybe?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

The reason I mentioned this was that you raised the question about opening ports in your initial post:-

"Is it to do with opening ports that microsoft is expecting to be open maybe?"

In that case, I will leave you in the hands of other Community members who might be gamers.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 4

Hi Keith @KeithFrench 

Thanks for this. Sorry I may not have explained properly, I'm just trying to play games online, so for example on call of duty I can play a normal game of deathmatch, I'm not trying to host the games themselves. Just trying to use the normal xbox live multiplayer service.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

How do people connect to this? Are they connecting from the internet to your device or PC, where you are hosting the game, or do you connect to some server out on the internet?

If they are connecting from the internet to your device or PC, then you will need port forwarding configured in the router & if connecting to a Windows PC of yours, then the PC's firewall will also need to be reconfigured. I can help with all of this.

If it is you connecting to a server on the internet, then port forwarding/firewall configuration will not be required.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes