FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my 2 fibre contracts

patrickwmlord
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi, I'm going to ask here for some help from TalkTalk because live chat in the past has been so difficult and not being understood properly.

I have 2 fibre broadband accounts, one is at my home and the other for my daughters house, both in my name and my contracts end on September 4th 2021 and I no longer wish to continue my service with TalkTalk, I will be switching to another provider and I believe they notify TalkTalk and I will pay my next payment this month and I will cancel my direct debits to TalkTalk, I don't need to do anything else besides that?

Reason for leaving is absolutely shocking fibre speeds even after engineer supposedly fixed the issues, I've been half speed for as long as I can remember and on a good day hit 17mbps, I don't want to get into a discussion about this I just wanted the answer to the your question before you asked why I was leaving TalkTalk.

Regards

Patrick 

P. Lord
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Hi @patrickwmlord

Sorry that you want to leave. 

As ferguson has advised if you are leaving our service you can place an order with your chosen provider asking them to take over the lines and they will do the rest. 

If you want to cancel the line completely you need to call our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046. 

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 8

I didn't realise you wanted anything directly from TalkTalk staff, they won't add much generally to what I have already told you. If there any specific account related points you want looking at then you need to complete your community profile so that they can access your details, put your own phone number in the main section and your daughter's in the private notes section, click here

0 Likes

patrickwmlord
First Timer
Message 3 of 8
ago

Thank you 

P. Lord

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 8

@patrickwmlord, one of them may have been subject to the recent price increases. 

The same package can be sold at all sorts of different prices too.

Not necessarily anything wrong there.

It really is better to leave everything in place, particularly in the case that Talktalk might owe you something back.

The quickest way to claim anything back via My Account is through those same Direct Debit details.

TT staff will be back after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

OK, it's not really the switch day that matters, it's your billing date. You may end up being owed money and it will be easier to reclaim that if you leave your DD open. You don't need to rely on "trust," you are protected by the DD guarantee. It's entirely up to you, of course. 

patrickwmlord
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi ferguson

The switch will take place the day both contracts end and new provider will take over, I won't leave direct debits open because I don't trust TalkTalk's billing system, it has recently come to light for the past few months I've been paying 2 different payments for the same fibre packages, I don't online bank much so hence why I haven't noticed before now

P. Lord

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

If you are nearing the end of your contract then the switching provider should indeed notify TalkTalk, as long as they are taking over an existing phoneline on the Openreach network. It is advisable to leave your Direct Debit in place until you receive your final bill, which cannot be calculated until after the switch actually takes place.