FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my talktalk package

djabos
First Timer
Message 40 of 40

Hi,

We are having to leave the UK and I would like to cancel my Talktalk subscription however I am unable to contact anyone at Talktalk at the moment.... I dont know what I should do.

Any and all tips are welcome!

Thank you,

DJ

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

Edziafredzia
Chatterbox
Message 21 of 40

I would i have a problem with contacting talk talk. My contract end on 6th of June and I don't want to renew it. How to go about that? It is ridiculous u can't do it online on your account! Please I need help! 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 40

Thank you so much for replying.

Firstly may I apologise for posting on someone else's thread but as i am still coming to terms with navigating this forum i have still not found out how to start a new post.

I have tried ringing the number given numerous times. but even saying" cancel my service "when prompted and giving a variety of answers to the subsequent questions,I get the same message on following government guidelines and cannot get any further.

Further help would be gratefully appreciated.

Jason

0 Likes

Message 23 of 40

Hi jgg99

To place a cancellation you can call our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours on 03451720046.

The line will be open from 10am - 6pm. You would need to state the reason for your call when prompted - cancel my service.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 40

@jgg99 why posting on someone else's topic they will NOT GET U HELP 

So please start own topic for directly help on ur issue 

Cancelling ur DD will incur a extra cost. And asking for a chance to add payment will not happen in the time or can not be done.

If u are moving house please be informed that bt optec are delaying new installs till June time.

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time,(excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays).  The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
0 Likes

jgg99
Popular Poster
Message 25 of 40

Hi to everyone.I too am having this problem. I have been trying to cancel for the past month via email,on line chat and phone calls,only to be told emergency issues only so please use online services or app,where it is not possible to cancel. The cancellation is only due to moving home. I have cancelled my dd and even requested an extension on my latest bill so as not to incur a debt.As you can probably see I am a newbie and reading some replies that state start a new thread and someone will get in touch I am hoping this does the trick and someone can deal with this issue.I understand the difficulty at present but believe that by not giving an avenue somehow for cancellations to be dealt with and effectively taking money from people for something no longer needed is morally dubious. As TalkTalk have a function for re-instating cancelled dd's and taking payments but nothing in place for stopping or cancelling them,it makes you wonder about who is benefitting from this service.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 40
0 Likes

Message 27 of 40

Hi, 

This morning the bot kicked me out, however I have just managed to speak to an operator who managed to help me within about 5 minutes. There was a bit of a wait but that is understandable given everything that is going on. 

Thanks for all of the help everyone,

Kind regards

Diederik

Message 28 of 40

Hi Naomichan,

The number does work, when did you last try it?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 40

Why do you guys give this number in every thread if it doesn't work and the bot hungs up no matter what you say? 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 40

Hi djabos,

If you do wish to cancel, you can call our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours on 03451720046. Please note however that due to the current Covid 19 crisis we have reduced staffing levels and there may be a small wait time to answer your call, but our teams are working hard to support all our customers at this unprecedented time.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 40

As @hosay299 says,  you really need to keep your Direct Debit in place.  It causes further problems and charges if you can't settle final bills this way and these take a  while to sort. 

There is only that phone number that you can use at the moment, @djabos, and it is better manned than it was earlier in the month.

Please keep trying it, business hours only. 

I will re-escalate this thread. @Chris-TalkTalk may be able to offer more advice. I see you did reply to the PM from @Arne-TalkTalk.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 32 of 40

cancelling ur dd will cause more issue so do not wait for a reply back

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)

Message 33 of 40

Hi, 

I have sent the personal information required but not heard back. We are leaving the UK this weekend. Please can you advise on what we need to do?

At the moment the most sensible option to me seems to be to cancel the direct debit.

Thank you for your help,

Regards

Diederik-Jan

0 Likes

Message 34 of 40

Hi Tzouliana,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 40

Hi ainura,

To place a cancellation you can call our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours on 03451720046

We are sorry but due to the current Covid-19 situation we have reduced staffing levels and there may be a wait time to answer your call, but our teams are working hard to support all our customers at this unprecedented time.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 36 of 40

Hi please i want to rejoin talktalk now i had the contract until summer  but i cancelled before two months is that possible to reactivate it now please can u help me

0 Likes

Message 37 of 40

hello. i'm having exactly the same problem. could you please contact me as well?

can't get through to the call centre and there is no email or live chat available 

thanks

0 Likes

Message 38 of 40

Hi @djabos

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

djabos
First Timer
Message 39 of 40

At the moment I am considering cancelling the standing order and then waiting for Talktalk to engage with me. Having lost my job and therefore not having any real income I am not really in a position to keep paying for something that I will not be using. 

I am not against paying the leaving fee penalty etc. but I dont really want to pay for something that I wont be using at all when I need to consider how we're going to get through the next few months.

Thoughts?!

0 Likes