FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to VPN since Tuesday 18th January

londondad
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem several other users have reported - since last Tuesday I haven't been able to connect to my work VPN over TalkTalk fibre broadband.  I can connect over my mobile hotspot, so it does seem the problem is with TalkTalk or my TalkTalk router.

I have a Sagemcom version SG4K100130.

Reading another user's post it looks like you were able to fix this remotely - please could you do the same for me?  Or, failing that, please could you send me a replacement router?

I've lost three days of work to this already and now I'm spending my weekend troubleshooting the issue, so I'd really appreciate it if you could get me back up and running asap.

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi londondad

No problem 🙂

I've fed this back to them now.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk , that's fixed it.  I really appreciate you doing this so quickly.  If the Products Team could figure out a way to stop this happening again that would be great!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi londondad

Apologies for this.

I will feed this back to our Products Team. I've changed the FW back again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Back in January, you remotely updated the firmware on my router, from SG4K100130 to (I think) SG4K10002829t.  This fixed the problem I was having where I couldn't connect to my work VPN.  This morning I'm having the same issue again, and checking the router I can see that it's reverted to SG4K100130.  Please could you update me to SG4K10002829t again?  Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

londondad
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 19

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk , will do. Hopefully it's on its way back to you despite the message from Yodel.

Message 6 of 19

Hi londondad

Ok, thank you. If you do receive another email from us (TalkTalk) advising that we haven't received the router then please post back here to let us know.

Thanks

0 Likes

londondad
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 19

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Yes, he definitely took it away with him, captured on video doorbell.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi tofljo

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Can i get a firmware update aswell? I'm having this same issue

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi londondad

Did the courier definitely take it with them and not leave outside the property? apologies for this.

0 Likes

londondad
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 19

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

When the Yodel courier arrived with the router yesterday, I declined delivery as I thought this would be the easiest way to return it to you.  Hopefully it's on its way back to you, or it may even have reached you already.  However I then got an email from Yodel saying the parcel had been 'delivered to your safe place'.  This is not correct - the courier definitely took the parcel away.

Please can you look out for the return parcel and if possible let me know when you've received it?  I don't want to be charged for it!

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi londondad

That's great 🙂

You can do either. If you do except the delivery then there will be a pre paid returns bag.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

londondad
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 19

Thank you @Debbie-TalkTalk , the firmware update has fixed the issue.

The new router is out for delivery today but hasn't arrived yet.  Is it ok if I just decline delivery when the courier arrives, or do I have to accept it and then arrange to send it back to you?

Message 14 of 19

Hi londondad

I've made a change to the firmware, please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Thanks for your advice @fr8ys.  Unfortunately as it's a work laptop I don't have control over Windows updates.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Thank you @Debbie-TalkTalk - I really appreciate you sending me out a new router, but actually if you could update the firmware over like you did for user Alex7 earlier today (version SG4K10002829t), that would be even better.  Is there any chance you could do this for me too?  I will then send the replacement router straight back.

I did also send a direct message to @Chris-TalkTalk earlier as I saw he'd helped someone else with a firmware update, but I'm not sure how to see if he's responded - sorry for the duplicate requests.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 19

Hi londondad

Apologies for this.

I have ordered a different make and model of router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

Hi,

Staff are not back until Monday and will deal with posts in order.

@KeithFrench gave this advice on another thread. Might be worth doing the suggested updates.

If you have Windows 10/11 & use the internal Windows VPN client, they were broken in the last Patch Tuesday update. To remedy this you must install the following optional update:-

Windows 10 KB5010793

Windows 11 KB5010795 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes