FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain sites/apps constantly freezing

scho89
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

My service has been live for a few days and whilst I was initially impressed with the speed, the constant freezing I'm having is making it somewhat unusable.

It's not an internet connection issue, as I will be browsing the web and then all sites will constantly freeze. But I can continue to talk on Facebook messenger for example. It's not a cookies/cache issue as all devices have the same problem. 

Person I spoke to on the phone wasn't much use. They tried disabling kids safe settings and this hasn't helped. 

Going to give it a few more days of trying to get help here and then will be cancelling my service in the cooling off period if its not resolved. 

Some points:

Router is the Huawei one and has a solid white light

Have tried splitting SSIDs (not that any end user should ever really have to do this). Nintendo Switch was then unable to connect to either to switched back to the standard one address

Have tried factory resetting the router

Power reset seems to help but I shouldn't have to keep doing this 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

The connection looks ok, there are no wifi congestion issues but I do see a lot of errors at the router for both transmit & receive.

I do however see a cease order has been raised indicating that you are transferring to another provider, is that correct ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hello. 
I don’t have any wired devices 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi scho89,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, do you have any devices connected wired and do they also experience the same issue?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi @scho89,

The staff here will respond, but it will usually take a working day or two for them to get to your topic, it is best to not post again in this topic until they reply, as adding new posts will delay your topic from moving up their workflow.

scho89
First Timer
Message 5 of 6

No help at all?

0 Likes