Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Change Nat Type from 2

4 REPLIES 4
DominoLuego
Popular Poster

Looking for assistance in changing my Nat Type on the PlayStation 4 from 2 to 1 any help would be great

Dominic
FritzCT
Wise Owl

Out of curiosity why do you want NAT 1?

You may just as well put the PS4 in the DMZ on the router.

You'd be better off with UPnP and port forwarding if you have an issue.

Fritz

DominoLuego
Popular Poster
How would one do either of those things I was unable to find UPNP in the Talk talk Command prompt but I was able to turn on DMZ and as for port forwarding I entered the I.P Adress of the PlayStation 4 if that’s the correct thing to do was more of a guess but my NAT Type remains at 2 and the reasoning of wanting to change to 1 is as I’ve read a lot of Reddit posts where changing to 1 would be the best connection route and less interference, I’m constantly experiencing high ping and latency on multiplayer
Dominic
FritzCT
Wise Owl

So UPnp and port forwarding will keep you in NAT 2 but its way safer than NAT1 or the DMZ.

Exactly how you do that depends on what router you have although the process is pretty much the same. You'll need a static IP for the PS4 and then forward these ports.

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480

UDP: 3478-3479

I don't use TT routers so I don't know what part of the interface you need on your specific router to do this but basically you need to forward the TCP & UDP ports to the PS4 IP address.

Possibly @KeithFrench can help with this as he has a very good knowledge of TT firmware and UI not to mention networking in general.

Is your internet connection ok other than for gaming on the PS4?

Fritz 

KeithFrench
Community Star

Never use UPnP it is very insecure, always use port forwarding instead.

Before I can help with the port forwarding I need to know the make/model of TalkTalk router that you have.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?