FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged £65 by Talk Talk for Engineer when not an issue my end

stuart murrell
Team Player
Message 4 of 4

Hi - can someone from Talk Talk clarify why i have been charged £65 for an engineer visit when they had to fix my line and it was nothing my end. My speed had been capped and i also needed a replacement router.

I thought that if an engineer finds an issue with something talk talk end, this cost would not be put on the customer?

Thanks.

Hello,

We're very sorry you've had a problem with your broadband service. An engineer has recently done some repair works on your line, and your connection might take a few days to adjust.

We'll keep an eye on your service and if the problem happens again we'll let you know what we're doing to fix it.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you're having any further issues, please visit Service Centre where you can live chat to one of the team.

Your TalkTalk team

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

I've gone over this case, pulled all the previous test results prior to any engineer booking and gone through all interaction notes.

I can see you should not be charged for this engineer, so was just about to credit this to your account, but I can see one of our customer service colleagues has added the credit for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

stuart murrell
Team Player
Message 2 of 4

Karl

my speeds were capped to 56mbs so had to be uncappped / reset and i was advised that i would also need a new router - how is that an issue my side and why should i be paying. The engineer told me himself that he had to reset the line.  This is not an issue my end.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

I've checked the engineer report from openreach.

They advise that a speed issue was reported. When the engineer arrived, they checked the speeds from the master socket and these were correct and within the estimated range.  The engineer advised this was a possible wifi issue so declaring there was nothing wrong within the openreach network as speed readings were correct at the master socket and no line issues were visible when tested.  Based on this result, Openreach then issues the charge to us and the customer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes