FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Anyconnect VPN issues

annRyan
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 15

Been a Talktalk customer for a while and have had no issues with the Cisco VPN. However, a number of colleagues have issues with TalkTalk and the Cisco AnyConnect VPN connecting and then not passing VPN traffic. I’ve seen lots of threads about this but no definitive answer. 

If my colleagues have this issue, what do they need to do to resolve the issues with the Cisco VPN? Is this to update firmware? Contact Talktalk and get a replacement router or is it something else? Change specific settings?  Can anyone please advise? Thank you. 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi @rhiddahal

Apologies for this.

Please can you create a new thread confirming which router you are using? (make and model) Please can you also update your Community Profile to include your name and telephone number.

We can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi,

I was trying to work from home today and I have a talktalk router, I cannot do so, so i've ended up using my phone hotspot which isn't ideal but can get my work done that way. Is there a way, I can get my talktalk to work with cisco vpn? Are you able to advise?

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi  annRyan

No problem. If there is anything else I can help with then please let me know.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Thank you Debbie, you’ve been amazing and we’ve communicated everything to our colleagues. Thank you again.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi annRyan

The HG633 router should work ok. The Wifi hub should also work ok with VPN connections.

The DSL3782 is the router which will require a firmware update. If the router needs to be replaced there will be no charge for this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Will there be a cost to replacing the router?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Thank you. Please can you confirm the makes and models TalkTalk know are impacted. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi annRyan

We would need to know which make and model of router they have so we can either send a replacement router or update the firmware.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Thank you Debbie for the information. I will share the information. If you have any more information that I could share that will help, please post. Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi annRyan

We can resolve these issues on the Community if your colleagues can contact us.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

That's not ideal but as TalkTalk customers, they should be able to. Many have had different experiences when talking to TalkTalk in terms of different answers. It would be easier for most people to call and speak to someone with a solution but if you could suggest the best way to resolve the issues, it would be great. One of our users left TalkTalk as they said nothing could be done.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi annRyan

Can they post on the Community? We can then check which router they have and arrange the firmware update for them (if using DSL3782)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thanks Debbie,

We have a number of colleagues with a variety of routers. Are we best advising them to call TalkTalk to discuss or is there anything they can do themselves? Suspect those with issues have DSL3782 so are there any instructions we can give them to update the firmware?

Regards and thank you for the quick response.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi annRyan

Just to confirm, which router are your colleagues using? The HG633 should work ok with VPN and we now have a new firmware for the DSL3782 which should resolve the VPN issue.

If they post on the Community then we can look into this for them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Debbie