FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cityfibre Appointment email/text

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 27 of 27

Just had email and text from Cityfibre concerning an appointment for full fibre installation on 6/4/22.

Currently on fibre 35, contract ends in May next year.

Can you tell me what is going on here, had no previous contact from anybody concerning this.

Certainly do not agree to this without detailed information and cast iron assurances it would come at no extra cost, no increase in contract length and no sneeky adding of contract admin fees etc.

Once bitten twice shy with Talk Talk and their too good to be true offers.

26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

I have added the tracking number to your account notes. 

Thank you.

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 27

The second package that came from Yodel turned out not to be another router, didn't open jiffy bag but it seems it was a cable that was sent this time around.

This has also been duly returned tracking number QX461870443GB

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27
0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 27

Another complaint sent to CEO's office and once again an apology with promise it won't happen again.

This time around got a bit of compensation 🎉

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 27

Why won't you take NO for an answer.

The text from Cityfibre on Friday gave three reply options, "Confirm" you will be in, "Change" to reschedule or "More" for more details.

As explained in Friday's post not got the time to go around in circles with chat or calling, done that before and it didn't work until made complaint to CEO's office,  even then you still sent a new router.

Four hours after the text from Cityfibre an email came from yourselves, same as last time around Cityfibre made the initial contact before you do.

The email which states you are coming on the 8th June finally gives me more reply options :-

"I'll be at home",   "I need to rescedule"   OR  if you have any concerns "I'd like some help"  

I replied to the latter explaining the previous sorry episode which I thought was resolved and that I was happy with my fttc service.

Also I won't be considering any changes until my current contract ends in May next year as the is no real competition for fttp services in my area yet.

"Sit back have a strong cup of coffee and think job well done, this might have put an end to the latest episode of this sorry saga".

Another email from yourselves last night saying "won.t be long now" and this time giving the 7th June as the installation date.

Now just received an email from Yodel, guess what you are sending me another package.

Think I can guess that this is yet another router after the last one from the previous episode was returned.

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 27

Just when you think this mess has finally been put to bed another text has just come.

Text from Cityfibre "Good news Cityfibre are working together to install faster broadband, an engineer will come on 8th June to install your fibre broadband".

Oh no they won't because I will be away that week.

Haven't got the strength or time to waste to go through the online chat sessions or calling faster fibre team again, just for them to say there is no outstanding order booked for you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Hi Jayca

I have added the tracking number to your account.

You wont get a charge. 

Sorry for any confusion.

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 27

I have one other question this time relating to returns bag, or in this case bags.

Chris arranged for a returns bag for the unwanted package assumed to be a router and I duly sent it back to yourselves on the 27 April.

Tracking code  QX461391297GB

Yesterday I received another returns bag in the post with tracking code QX459242008GB on the enclosed label.

Will this second tracking code be linked to my account as there is nothing left to return ?

Also you might want to chase up the first code with Royal Mail as it is still showing "Item Received Home Counties North MC" on 29 April and whatever happens I don't want you to try and charge me for it.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Morning,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 27

Hi Chris,

At the moment it seems as if they have finally put a stop to it.

No more text messages received since Thursday, won't actually believe contact with CEO's office has worked until end of this week at the least.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Hi Jayca,

Apologies for the delay, have you heard anything since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 27

Thanks for that Chris.

After the call yesterday I hoped it was finally sorted, but no yet another text has just appeared from TalkTalk.

"TalkTalk update: Hello, we need to talk to you about your future fibre order"

Haven't got the time or patience to go through it all again, how the heck do you get them to stop, another complaint to HQ maybe ?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hi Jayca,

Thanks for the update. I've ordered a returns bag as requested, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 27

Just received a call concerning the complaint I submitted and hope it all sorted at last.

He said there was still an order for an upgrade on my account and would make sure it was cancelled.

Fingers and toes crossed it gets done correctly this time. After two long text conversations on Monday I thought it was all sorted only to be sent yet another text yesterday about a upgrade that was delayed.

He still didn't answer why CityFibre contacted me with an appointment date/time before information was received from TalkTalk.

He also couldn't answer why my email address was linked to a Yodel delivery for another customer.

One last thing Arne, I forgot about an unopened package that came in the post a few weeks ago that could possibly be another router.

I mentioned it earlier on in this topic, can you arrange for a returns bag please.

With luck it this is finally the end of this saga, May next year is when I will review my options. only hope there is more local fttp competition if I decide to upgrade then.

Message 15 of 27

Hi Jayca

I can see that you have an open compliant regarding this issue. 

The complaint manager should be able to resolve this issue. 

Let us know how it goes. 

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 27

Received text messages this morning asking me to contact Future Fibre team.

Eventually received message back from Mike in TalkTalk customer billing and support and I went into detail of what had happened.

In particular message from CityFibre a day before message from TalkTalk and the fact it appeared an appointment was made for fttp upgrade.

He went on to apologise on behalf of TalkTalk and explained that they just wanted to share a promotional upgrade offer.

This however does not agree with messages received that stated an appointment was made and in all the confusion I missed a text which quoted order number 00453393.

The last text from whom I assumed was still Mike said "I really appreciate your time and cooperation in dealing with this concern .........thank you so much for your effort."   

I thought that was the end of it till I looked back at our text message conversation and noticed another text which said "we had created a task for a skilled engineer task to attend external network and fix fault ..........task didn't go as planned so we have reset task to 12/04/22. "

Also the next message " this is the latest about your concern coming from the openreach engineer".

Thinking I was getting mixed up with another customer I texted what were the last two messages referring to, no reply cam back.

Last messages came from a Joseph in Future Fibre Service Team who now says there is an another upcoming order for an upgrade. When I said I never agreed to such an upgrade at the moment he came back with "I see however this is a government mandate to upgrade everyone to Full Fibre".

Yes I know that Full Fibre will be only option at some stage, but I don't want it yet and this "Government Mandate" is a lie.

Screenshot_20220411-161442_Messages.jpg

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 27

Looks like CityFibre are not coming after all.

Got another text from CityFibre last night with the option of saying "yes" okay to come or "no" and give a reason why I didn't want them.

I actually found a text that I had missed from Talk Talk that mentioned a future fibre order number 00453393.

This said why did online chat say there was no order when I contacted them twice after giving up trying to phone as nobody ever answered, and who decided to sign me up for an upgrade without my permission in the first place.

The other outstanding question is the mystery parcel from Talk Talk that Yodel said was on the way, then delivered later in the day.

I contacted Yodel about this parcel and apparently Talk Talk gave them my email address when to parcel was sent to someone entirely different.

If they gave my email for another customers  order I wasn't sure in the end if they had also supplied my mobile number as well.

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 27

Latest episode of this sorry saga.

After a delivery on Thursday of what I assume to be a router (not opened package) I also get another text from CityFibre this morning.

Once again they are asking me if I will be available on 6/4/22 at 8am, text "yes" to confirm.

Also get an email from Yodel that a package from Talk Talk is on the way and will be delivered this morning.

Last email from Yodel confirming parcel has been delivered...............oh no is hasn't at least not to my house.

Yodel parcel tracking number JD0002247263897472 does not match with my postcode, so where it ended up is is anyone's guess.

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 27

Not looking good for the 6th.

After been told twice in chat that there is no order booked for a Future Fibre installation the postie has kindly delivered a package from Talk Talk.

Haven't opened it but assume it to be a new router ready for the new upgrade that I never asked or agreed to.

Can you kindly send what is required to send this unwanted gift back to yourselves.

0 Likes

Jayca
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 27

Sorry Arne, missed your reply as I was typing another message.

Will defiantly inform you what happens on the 6th, I will put kettle on and get bickies out just in case they do come. 

0 Likes