FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely desperate

ramon018
Participant
Message 31 of 31

I write this as a last resort as I have been chatting for 7 days, about two hours per day for nothing.

My connection keeps  dropping everyday, sometimes it's few minutes every 10, sometimes it's 10 minutes a day, or sometimes it's one hour every hour...

Every time I go to the chat they check and say its my homes fault as there's no issues in the line. How could this be possible when I haven't touched the set up made by the engineer a month ago?

The Internet light on the modem goes off, the dsl light flashes fast then slow then fast then off and all over again.

When I tell this in the chat I have been told all the time it is my fault and if I want an engineer to come and check I would have to pay for it. How is this possible? I have had issues before with Sky and when I contacted them the sent the engineer straight away.. 

Now I'm left without connection at all, and chats are closed, again 0 customer service.

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Hi ramon018

The engineer has left notes to advise that they ran out of time when working on the fault and that they will investigate further this morning to see if this fault is due to line length.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ramon018
Participant
Message 2 of 31

So the engineer did arrive but couldn't fix the problem, tomorrow will come again but he told me that 90% its impossible as its because of the length of the cable (??) That goes into my house. Is too long at therefore loses power until has nothing.

He said I have to move back from G.fast to something slower.

I am absolutely knackered and disappointed actually...

0 Likes

ramon018
Participant
Message 3 of 31

What about if they dont show up without telling me (again)?

Another three days lost?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 31

Hi ramon018

Sorry for the delay.

Openreach should be working on this fault today PM (1pm - 6pm)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ramon018
Participant
Message 5 of 31

Nobody contacted me and its already 3 days without connection.

We can't live like this anymore. The company is completely careless... we need help

0 Likes

ramon018
Participant
Message 6 of 31

So nobody showed up, and I got a message saying they have fixed it... but they haven't 

One more day without connection

0 Likes

Message 7 of 31

You will not get anything for loss of revenue, there is no provision for consequential losses on home contracts.

The best you can hope for is compensation for the days without service in line with TT's Automatic Compensation terms.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 31

Hi ramon018

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've checked and this fault is still raised with Openreach. The previous visit may have over ran. If you haven't heard from the engineer by 4pm then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ramon018
Participant
Message 9 of 31

Yes I tried several browsers.

Also it's 14:20, the engineer was expected to come from 8am to 1pm and still nothing.

Who's gonna pay for all the revenue I am losing without Internet connection?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 31

Hi ramon018

Is this when you are logging into My Account? Have you tried using a different browser?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ramon018
Participant
Message 11 of 31

I keep getting "Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later." So I cant even get to check it 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 31

Hi

Can't see an issue with the account, what happens when you try to access this ?  What error are you seeing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ramon018
Participant
Message 13 of 31

Perfect. And how about the access to my account? Still can't get in there.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 31

Hi

I've an engineer scheduled to come tomorrow (Friday) AM (8-1).

Is that ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ramon018
Participant
Message 15 of 31

The engineer did not come yet.

Im still without connection.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

Hi Ramon018,  

Did the engineer visit take place, and did the engineer enter the home and check the socket etc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 17 of 31

Did you get an engineer visit? I have re-escalated this for you. 

0 Likes

ramon018
Participant
Message 18 of 31

15 days after the situation is the same, tt says everything is okay but now I cant even log in to my account it just keeps saying

"Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later."

This is a complete joke

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Hi

I'll drop you a PM with some details to confirm so we can book an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

At this time the Internet light is off and the DSL light is rapidly blinking, for like one hour 

0 Likes