FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected, No Internet

ssm90
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hello,

I have been a broadband customer for a month now and have had this issue from Day 1! I have a number of devices at home and a random device at a random point in time will lose connection to the internet whether it is connected Wired or Wireless with the error 'Connected, No Internet'.

The issue only affects one or two devices at a time while the rest of them work fine. The modem shows no faults and white light is solid. Initially, I thought maybe it was device but it has happened to all devices at random times which definitely suggests its the internet.

TalkTalk sent over an engineer and he did some checks and said everything was fine...clearly not. It is extremely frustrating losing connection and the only thing that works to fix it is to restart the whole modem which means any devices that are connected and working also end up losing their connection.

I am furious with this because TalkTalk claim nothing is wrong, today was the last straw as I was doing an exam from home because of Covid and the internet disconnected, as far as I know, this has resulted in an automatic fail for me. I will have to wait 6 months for the next sitting, while losing out on £500 for the exam fee and also falling behind in my career.

Unfortunately, this is the only place where I could have sat the exam or else I would have gone elsewhere knowing how rubbish the connection has been. I tried to do everything to fix it and was assured by TalkTalk that everything was resolved but clearly not!

Any suggestions on what I can do to get this resolved?

Thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

I've ordered a Huawei Hub for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Michelle,

No I haven't tried any other router, I just have the original Talk Talk one that was provided. If you could send me a Huawei one that would be great.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you ever tested with the Huawei Wifi Hub? If not then I think we should send one for testing to rule this out and to see how the connection compares. We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Karl,

No luck, and I am getting the same issue still- this is extremely frustrating as it is affecting my work as well with the internet cutting out in the middle of team meetings and presentations. The only fix seems to be reset the router at the mains.

I have been browsing the forums and I can see that there is another person with the same issue as mine- Internet over WiFi keeps dropping . Hopefully this will help in figuring out what the issue is if there is anything in common?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi

Ok, test for a while and report back and let me know.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Okay thank you, I'll keep an eye on this over the next few days.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi

The engineer cannot turn off WiFi Optimisation, this is a function that can only be turned off via our cloud platform from here, not a lot of people have access to this directly.  This is the system used to control the firmware updates to routers etc.  The engineer may have logged into the router and changed the Wifi Setting from Auto to a manual channel number, but optimisation can override this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Karl,

One of your engineers visited my property last week and turned on that feature where the devices hop channels as he thought the intermittent disconnection was due to congestion on one channel.

So basically we have reverted back to a situation where the problem first originated- I don't believe this will make it any better as it is the same settings as before?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi

All usual tests are clear, not seeing any line issues or errors. I've turned off optimisation to stop wifi channels changing, see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi Karl,

I have added the required information to my profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi ssm90

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 12 of 13
Please ensure your community profile has been filled in with your Details incl Home phone number and an OCE will be able to assist with maybe swapping your Hub out for another one.

Have you tried running a Line test in the Service centre?

I would of suggested it may be a particular wifi band but as you said it happens to random devices Wireless or wired so that may not solve your issue.
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!