FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Panasonic Dect phones to Wi-Fi 2 hub?

Ian50
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Please does anyone know if it is possible to connect Panasonic Dect phone handsets to the Wi-Fi 2 hub to use them as voip phones? Many thanks.

Regards,

Ian

Ian
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

The Future Fibre Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and LiveChat with the Future Fibre Team.

Future Fibre Support Hub

LiveChat to the Future Fibre team

Opening hours are here:  When to contact TalkTalk?

TIP - Scroll down the Future Fibre Support Hub page to GET IN TOUCH. if you don't see a blue Chat now button then pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers or similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Calls to the Future Fibre team on 0345 172 0074 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate or included in your UK mobile allowance.

Future Fibre Help

Future Fibre - Set up your Wi-Fi Hub 2

Future Fibre - Battery back up unit for Wi-Fi Hub 2 and ONT

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

And I see ferguson has replied at the same time with the prerequisite for having an FTTP service from TalkTalk that is enabled for VOIP. I'll provide links for the Future Fibre team and the setup of the Wi-Fi Hub 2 for a Future Fibre with Digital Voice service.

0 Likes

Ian50
Team Player
Message 3 of 7

I’ve connected the base station to the Wi-Fi2 phone socket but get no dialing tone, do I need some form of adapter?

Regards,

Ian

Ian
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Hi Ian50 

No reason why the base station cannot be connected to the green Voice/VOIP port at the rear of the Hub 2.

The handsets themselves would need to remain paired to the existing base station as there's no DECT base station built in to the Hub 2

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

I should have added that it would need to be the main base station which was connected, rather than individual handsets. 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

If you have Full Fibre from TalkTalk with VOIP services enabled, then yes.