FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Drop

jazzyjeff
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

I'm having issues in the morning, with my connection dropping for a couple of hours. This tends to happen around 10am-12pm. 

After this, I have no issues for the rest of the day but these morning drops are really frustrating. 

Any help to resolve this would be great.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi jazzyjeff

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear but I can see that the line is not in sync.

You should hopefully receive the replacement router today. Please let us know once you have received and tested with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie,

I don't know if you're able to do a line test but my connection is down again.

The internet & DSL lights on the Openreach modem are off.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi jazzyjeff

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 9
Yes please Debbie. Please do send that out.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 9

Hi jazzyjeff

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

You have an unstable connection then. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 7 of 9

Thanks Keith

Its a Sagemcom FAST 5364-3

The light changes to orange on this router when it happens (and the green lights for DSL & internet turn off on the Openreach White Modem)

I only have wireless connections

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?