FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Resyncing

Properlofi
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

This was last an issue in 2020 and resulted in work on the exchange and line to the house, installation of a new master socket and a new router. It had been fine for a year or so and then I started to see occasional resyncs. However, over the last week or so these have increased to a couple of time a day. I run a line test every time it resyncs and no fault is shown. Last time an engineer came out they basically said that the problem was that I turned my router off over night (you know, saving energy and the environment and that) so have not been switching it off for over a year.

However, the resync problems are interfering with both work and leisure, causing my wife an d I to be kicked out of online meetings and interrupting our media viewing.

Can someone provide some advice as I don't want to have to go through the process of another round of engineers coming out to discover no fault, potentially having to pay the call out fee and still having the same issues?

(Also, community verification emails don't seem to be sent to Apple email addresses anymore which might want to be looked into and no, they aren't in my junk folder)

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Properlofi

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Properlofi
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Hi Michelle,

Yes please, that would be great. 

and sorry I forgot to confirm earlier but yes, I can’t receive confirmation emails to my iCloud account. I have another community account that I cannot post from as I can’t get the confirmation emails. 

thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi hub for testing purposes to see how the stability compares? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Properlofi
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Hi Michelle,  

I have tested with the test socket with no change. I do not have another router to test with however. 

is this something you can support with?

thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Have you recently tested the router at the test socket and also recently tested with a different router?

Do you also mean icloud email?

Thanks

0 Likes