FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Sync/Profiles Dropping Internet connection

ascarr
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 9

I reported problems with my line earlier in the week and we had an opereach engineer confirm a fault and fix it on Thursday.  Thursday evening when I ran a quick test everything looked good approx 20up 70down on the connection.  One Friday we saw multiple drops through the day and this has continued today.

I'm assuming this is the line going through sync tests again and it should settle but can somebody confirm this is the case.  I'm currently on 35down 20up and expect far far better than this especially given the original connection seemed stable at the expected speeds.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

Ok thank you for the update. If you don't hear anymore over the next few days then please let us know and we can check for an update for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

ascarr
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 9

Karl

So numbers are currently 35 down 19 up so no improvement of the speeds I'm expecting. That being said Openreach have been back and they are going to do some digging literally as I guess there is a fault fault between my house and the local cabinet. Will let you know how we get on but it could be a couple of weeks. It the connection worsens I'll let you know.

Andy

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

OK, give us a nudge in 24hrs and we can see what Openreach have done.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ascarr
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 9

Thanks. The engineers were at the house last week so seems they didn't do what they said they were doing!!!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi

Tests are picking up an issue with the copper side of the line. I've raised a fault report to Openreach for investigation.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

Downstream noise margin is not looking too healthy, that should be around 6dB ideally. The new firmware (version SG4K100130) has caused some issues with VPN connectivity (also this weeks Windows Updates caused some problems for the built in Windows VPN), but should not be causing issues with regular activity. Hopefully the staff here will be able to run some tests on your connection on Monday to see if any issues are still detected.

ascarr
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 9

Thanks, just wondered how long on average sync tests ran after a fix and whether to wait it out.  However I've also just noticed now that the WiFi itself is dropping out which others seem to be experiencing with the new firmware on the FAST5364... I'll wait for one of the ICE Guys to comment next week.  Current profile which has remained for 8+ hours is below, not sure about the Downstream readings.

Line 1 
 DownstreamUpstream
Actual Rate [Kbps]3497220000
Maximum Rate [Kbps]4480520000
Noise Margin [dB]0.006.00
Attenuation [dB]20.400.00
Power [dBm]14.106.70
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @ascarr,

The connection should not drop repeatedly, you may get the occasional drop after an issue has been fixed whilst your router determines the best speed to sync at, but if you are getting multiple drops per day that would probably indicate a fault still exists.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is still a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help. You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours.