FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection constantly dropping/slowing since fibre 65 'upgrade'

cleteg2017
Popular Poster
Message 22 of 22

Hi, 

I'm in desperate need of some help. I changed my plan to Fibre 65 about 2 months ago and I have had nothing but trouble since.  Before the plan change I had no issues whatsoever.

I'm lucky to get a 10mbps constant connection. It will constantly slow down to below 5mbps, if not lose connection completely. This can happen over 20× a night.

I spoke to live chat around a week ago who confirmed a problem with the line. Had a text a few days later to say problem resolved. Great, speed went up to around 50mbps which I'm happy with. 2 days later and back to normal. Slow speeds and constant disconnections when gaming and dropouts. I am expected to work from home in a few weeks time and its impossible, I'm at wits end.

I have tried wireless connections, wired connections, I have a TP link router AC1200 and same problems on 2.4 and 5ghz. I have tried it in the test socket.

Service status says 50mbps to line since the engineer fixed the line (it was showing as 25) but im having the exact same issues as before he went out.

Please help me fix this 

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi cleteg2017

That's great 🙂

Please keep the new router and return the old router using the router returns bag.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

hi,

connection has been a lot faster and stable with new router

am i able to keep this working one and send faulty back?

thanks

Message 3 of 22

Hi cleteg2017

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

yes please

Message 5 of 22

Hi cleteg2017,

We can send another router to test with, would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

hi,

i no longer have an alternative router as i returned the tp link i was using back to amzn

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test now which is clear. I can see that the sync speed has increased over the last 48hrs, however I can see re-connections on the line. Do you have an alternative router that you could connect please so we can see how the stability compares?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hi,

rebooted the router a few times and was still rubbish that night. next few days stabilised again but today has been really slow and has just dropped completely

has only ever been since the new fibre package was bought in, didnt have any issues before that. wish i hadnt of renewed

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Hi cleteg2017

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the line is in sync at 52.7mb

Was the connection dropping? Did you reboot the router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi,

Was ok for a few days, having nothing but issues again

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Morning,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how the stability and speed compares over the next few days.

Thanks 🙂

Message 12 of 22

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Engineer has been out today and says line now showing no faults so hopefully this is fixed

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which is detecting a possible fault so I've passed this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. If you don't hear anymore in the next 48hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Cant watch any videos or play games all night- even doing a speed test I can watch it go from 41 to 15 to 5 back to 27 in a matter of 10 seconds constantly dropping out

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

This is with wired and wireless devices

Has dropped out about 5 times completely today and once last night

Its unusable 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi cleteg2017,

Your current sync speed is 54.9Mbps, are the speed drops on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

hi,

it was ok over the weekend but yesterday and today speeds constantly dropping to as low as 5mbps

router is in test socket now

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi cleteg2017,

Connection appears to have been stable over the last few days, has everything been OK at your end?

Is your router currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Hi,

it is currently not in test socket. would you like me to connect it to test socket and advise when done?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 22

Hi cleteg2017

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes