FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection constantlydropping

ViennaGirl
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

Hi. For the last while my internet connection has been randomly dropping. Sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for ten or more minutes. It's incredibly frustrating, especially as I am forced to work at home just now and my uni course is being delivered online. I'm missing huge chunks of it.

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi ViennaGirl

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

For info, i have been running regular speed tests on the connection.. it ranges from 6Mbps to 27Mbps for download - which im sure you will agree is not acceptable for a fibre connection. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Yes please

At this stage im willing to try anything. 

Yesterday i missed the last two hours of an online course, due to sound cutting out, then internet connection dropping completely. At 10pm last night, i was in the middle of securing a shopping delivery slot for my mother, when I lost the connection again, and of course, lost the slot.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 8

Hi ViennaGirl

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the connection appears to be stable.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for trying I'm sure @Debbie-TalkTalk will doo her best to get back to you today.

Good luck, 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi. I tried to post a reply and its disappeared, so will try again. Thanks for the suggestion, i have already tried that a couple of times, I have also removed the front from the connection socket and plugged into the test socket. There is no noticeable difference, still randomly disconnecting, or the speed drops so much that i would be quicker going to fetch the web pages myself.  Its happening at random times of day and night, and is starting to impact both my job and my studies, as im getting thrown off calls and discussions and missing so much. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @ViennaGirl have you tried powering down the router for 30 minutes and then reconnect?

Regardless your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes