FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping regularly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 15

Hello,

My connection is dropping regularly - sometimes a few times an hour - very inconvenient when on calls when working from home etc.

This is the connection to the DSL - the Wifi etc is fine. The hub is connected to the test socket.

I have also unplugged the router for 30 mins and left it off overnight and it hasnt improved.

I have a new Huawei Hub so this suggests a possible line fault.

Please can someone get back to me on this.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi highbalance

Thanks for your reply.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 09/09 AM (8am -1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 15

yes i confirm potential engineer charges ok

AM would be best please.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi highbalance

Thanks for confirming your details.

Please can you also confirm potential engineer charges and provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi highbalance

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 15

Yes i think that would be the best idea. Please can you arrange this for me?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi highbalance

Thanks for your reply

This is the latest version of firmware for this router.

If the connection is dropping with 2 different routers, cables and filters at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 15

Yes connection was dropping

Firmware: SG4K100130

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi highbalance

Was the connection dropping with the Sagemcom router? What firmware version was showing on the router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 15

New router installed but connection now much much worse. Last night and today so far its nearly unusable due to uptime of minutes only in some cases.

Had to go back to Huawei router.

Please advise

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi highbalance

Thanks for your reply

The Sagemcom hub is on its way and a returns bag for  your current router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 15

Yes I will try a new router first. Can you send a sagemcom router this time if possible? I have a Huawei router currently.

Message 12 of 15

Hi highbalance

Sorry for the delay.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 15

No noticeable noise on line

Service centre comes back with no fault

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @Anonymous,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

Most staff on this community won't be around until Tuesday now (there may be limited staff around on Monday), so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.