FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

Limpingadam
Chat Champion
Message 79 of 79

Speed overall on the router states it's gone up by 1.5mb but upload has halfed. from 600kb to 300kb

Started on Friday, now the response time is high on pages.

😞

0 Likes
78 REPLIES 78

Message 1 of 79

Hi Limpingadam

Thanks for your reply. Please let us know how you get on once the engineer has completed the work on the line.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 79

Connection still the same but its because the guys found out the lines knackered, a new one as been ordered, he reckons it will get sorted within a few working days so result either way.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 79

Hi Limpingadam

This fault has been passed to BT Openreach so a line engineer can complete investigations. We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 79

Hi Limpingadam

I've passed this over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 79

We don't use the phone line and as they are separate parts of the line I'm not bothered.

There's no fault on the socket or the external line to the post (this happens every few months when BT start messing with the line)

Inspect the whole of this post, it's happened half a dozen times now.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 79

Hi Limpingadam

If you are experiencing a fault with the landline service then this will need to be investigated first as it can affect the BB connection.

If we raise a BB fault and there is a voice fault then this will need a separate engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 79

No because we don't have one to hand, and none of our immediate neighbours use land lines, it's 2019.

The re-occurring issue will be the same issue from the past to do with the line interference in the underground lines. Log the fault with BT please.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 79

Hi Limpingadam,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes to rule out any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 79

Back again, been about a week or so, but got to the point where the streaming of video and such has become dotty and stalling loads.

Connection is down to 7mb and 400kb up.

In Gobowen, new cabinets have gone up all over the place, but it appears are connections suffered. Also noted someones got a cabinet a mile down the road (probably private they are loaded) but the connections been effected.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 79

Do you have a telephone you can test with or are you able to borrow one? It's just that noise on the line can affect your broadband so we need to investigate this first.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 79

Same functionality still applies.

We go around and around with this.

It's a BT fault with the line, usually in the past it's been the underground part but atm I believe it's the overhead wires in some places.

BT were down the week you asked me to leave the router off for half an hour so probably address' the line.

I guess this week all neighbours will start complaining about a slow profile.

I appreciate the replies but it's not a problem on my end.

Router is functional on both the one you hand us and my billion router.

As far as Im aware there is no crackle but I don't use the phone.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 79

Hi Limpingadam,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems again 

Is your router currently connected to your test socket?

Is your telephone line clear (no noise)?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 79

Oh look its happening again.

There is a tree rubbing the line somewhere along the road.

Because again I'm down to 6 meg. Was 7 meg yesterday and 8 meg two weeks ago.

We had two windy nights over the weekend.

Again this is getting ridiculous.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 79

Thanks for the update, please let us know if you experience any further problems 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 79

Appears to be sorted atm, though I've seen a BT van here for the last 2 days.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 79

Hi Limpingadam,

How are you getting on, have you tried switching the router off for 30 minutes? 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 79

Hi Limpingadam,

Can you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 79

Nope. Could you advise.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 79

Hi Limpingadam,

Are you still currently in contact with the Complaints Manager?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 79

That said, theres still something not right here.

Getting stalling problems and the speed isn't what it's connected at when downloading, only ever can max about 5mb down instead of the full whack of 10mb.

Somethings not quite right.

0 Likes