FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

Limpingadam
Chat Champion
Message 79 of 79

Speed overall on the router states it's gone up by 1.5mb but upload has halfed. from 600kb to 300kb

Started on Friday, now the response time is high on pages.

😞

0 Likes
78 REPLIES 78

Message 21 of 79

Yes nearly everytime theres a storm a reset a few days later helps. Shame it took weeks.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 79

Hi Limpingadam

Has the speed now increased?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 23 of 79

Someone has reset the profile back up to speed.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 79

Haven't had too give any of that information in the past and no I'm not in contact, no profile reset either. Nothing just your form.

As you can see in thread ive been passed to a complaints department before.

May as well just leave an open direct line on speed dial.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 79

Hi Limpingadam

Unfortunately we have to confirm possible engineer charges before we can arrange an engineer visit.

Are you contact in with a Complaints Manager?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 26 of 79

I'm not taking the risk of paying costs for a fault you have already admited is there.

The connection is guranteed at 10mb, it's dropped off.

The fault is on the cable side of things or underground as it was before.

BT mess around here weekly up until very recently.

I will leave it with the CEO side of things to sort like last time.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 79

Hi Limpingadam

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 79

Hi Limpingadam

Apologies for the delay.

I've contacted our Network Team for an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 29 of 79

Nothing changed, and no update?

0 Likes

Message 30 of 79

Hi Limpingadam,

I've passed this over to our network team for further investigation, can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 79

Nah noise, but I know there's noise on the line, I think it's the line out of the property to the first junction as it's tugging on a tree branch not tight but would cause it to be grounded.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 79

Line test is showing a suspected voice (telephone fault), noise on the line could be causing the drop in speed. Do you still hear the noise with just the telephone connected to the test socket (if you have one)? How would you describe the noise (crackle, hiss, buzz, static etc)?

Chis

0 Likes

Message 33 of 79

Little bit but this is a circle round and round operation in this area. 

Can you escalate it back to the last person to sort it.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 79

Hi Limpingadam,

Sorry to hear you're speed has dropped. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Do you have another router you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 79

Can you escalate it again, I'm down to 4.2 meg atm from 10meg

Been a week reported the fault had no response at all.

I'm not sure whats keeping me at talk talk at this point fault monitoring is pretty terrible.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 79

Hi Limpingadam

I've escalated this complaint to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you to discuss this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 37 of 79

You can raise a complaint but its not like that's going to fix the issue unless BT actually do something about it, the only way It seems I will get the fix I require is to change my service provider to BT. The line is terribly unreliable.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 79

Hi Limpingadam

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can raise a complaint in regards to this fault and you would then be contacted by a Complaints Manager to discuss this further. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 39 of 79

You cannot approach Openreach directly I’m afraid, they make well sure they are shielded from end users such as us. The online support team here can help on your behalf, they won’t be back online until Monday though, I hope you are prepared to wait until then.

0 Likes

Message 40 of 79

The same thing thats been happening on and off for two years.

Im approaching Open Reach now as its on and off useless. 

0 Likes