FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant drop outs/disconnections - intermittent

Steve R B
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Hello,

Been through the support channels multiple times and nothing is being done to resolve the issue.

Connection drops out intermittently (disconnected 4 times in an hour this morning). This has been happening for months. 

Things done so far:

1. Test socket with separate filter

2. Openreach visit (found no fault on line, but replaced socket anyway)

3. New TalkTalk router (hub)

4. Test socket with separate filter again

This week after drop outs the router has been reconnecting at speeds anywhere between 7Mb and 30Mb (we should be getting 40Mb). I could cope with a slower connection (i.e. less than 40Mb) if it was at least stable, but it's not. It disconnects multiple times per day.

What else can be done, as it's an unacceptable service at the moment?

TalkTalk's support process can not cope with intermittent faults.

I had another support chat today, which the operator just closed on me (disgusting service). I was not being rude at all as well (just answered the questions asked of me).

Can someone please help with what further steps can be taken (before we change ISP).

Thanks 

Steven Bowyer
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

The fault is still open with Openreach.  I've just checked on their system and there is an error processing the fault report. They have referred this internally to one of their teams to pick up.

If another appointment has to be confirmed, is there a preferred day or just asap ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Steve R B
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 12

Hello. The openreach engineer has not shown up.

Steven Bowyer
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

I've booked the appointment for August 24 2021,AM (08:00-13:00), please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Steve R B
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 12

I have responded to outstanding question via PM.

Steven Bowyer
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Steve,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Steve,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Steve R B
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 12

Hello Michelle,

The router is currently connected to the test socket. Voice seems OK with no noise.

Yes, would like to arrange another Openreach visit please. Seems only option.

Steven Bowyer
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 12

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which is detecting a possible fault towards the property and I can see the re-connections on the line. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? 

If all testing has been completed at the test socket with 2 different routers then the only option is to arrange another Openreach Engineer visit to take another look. Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 12

Just to confirm, does the light go from the normal solid white directly to solid orange. Or does the white light go out, then you get flashing orange ?

Steve R B
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 12

Thanks.

Router is SAGEMCOM-FAST5364

Light goes orange when it disconnects

I have updated my profile with my numbers

We had the same issue with the hg633 router and has been replaced with the SAGEMCOM one.

Steven Bowyer

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Steve R B ,

What make / model of router do you have ?, what do the light(s) do on it when you lose connection ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes