FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant flashing amber light on router and no dial tone

Daniel93
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

My broadband was meant to go live on Friday and apparently has done. However, when attempting to set the router up, it just constantly flashes amber and doesn't allow access to the internet. Also, the phone line has no dial tone. Not sure what to do to fix.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Daniel93,

I've booked the appointment for September 03 2021, PM (13:00-18:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Chris,

I've seen you're message but can't seem to respond to it for some reason. I've read the information and that's fine, please send someone

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Daniel93,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Daniel93

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

need an engineer visit

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I have tested with a phone in the test socket and it wasn't working so yes please, I think ill

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Daniel93

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults - Line test is clear.

If you have tested with a different phone at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Thanks very much for the reply. I've tried connecting to the test socket but that doesn't seem to have worked (still not able to connect/no dial tone). So maybe it is something to do with the engineer's set up that's the issue.

I've updated my community profile so hopefully someone will be in touch soon

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Daniel93,

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could try the phone and router in there (using a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

If you still have no dial tone and 'My Account' says you have gone live then that would suggest the engineer has messed up when connecting up your line.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service and may call out an engineer if it can see an obvious issue. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is to be provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Most staff on this community won't be around until Tuesday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 tomorrow, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.