FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly needing to reboot router

Gareexx
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Hi there,

I'm constantly needing to reboot my router as wired and wireless connection keeps failing.

This has been an ongoing issue for the best part of 5 months, which is very frustrating and inconvenient as I'm a student and WFH, which is causing a big impact and upheaval.

I called talktalk about this matter a few Weeks ago, and after much debate (over 2 hours on phone), customer service decided to send out a new router and told me to give it a few weeks to see. For the first (approx) 1 week everything seemed to be fine, but the issue is again occurring with the router needing rebooted numerous times a day, with any attached devices (laptop, mobile phone, TV etc) all not managing to connect at all until rebooted. The Customer service agent implied that this was due to the devices and to contact the manufacturers although it seems highly unbelievable that the issue is with 4/5 different device brands and not just with talktalk/routers themselves.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Gareexx

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gareexx
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 6

It's always worth a shot to see if it helps, like I said, I've now had a couple of the Sagecom routers and the same issue keeps arising.

No light changes on the front of the router as this occurs, light is still solid white but nothing will connect to WiFi etc, and on the rare chance a device does find a connection for a few seconds, the device displays "connected without internet" and then any form of connectivity vanishes again. Connections are only found on any device after a router reboot (reser hold for 30 secs and then let it do its reboot) 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Do any lights change on the router before you have to reboot? Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub for testing purposes to see how this compares? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gareexx
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 6

Hi there,

I've always had the Sagemcom hub as that was what was offered and I was told was the best/most reliable

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, have you ever tested the Huawei Wifi Hub?

Thanks

0 Likes