FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual 'dropouts' ...

zenobi
Whizz Kid
Message 1 of 25

My internet connection has been 'on and off' all day long ... no consistency whatsoever. It can run for an hour or two and then 'dropout' three times in the next forty minutes. Since last night I have lost my service no less than eleven times ... 

Currently running okay after dropping out three times since 3.30pm with the latest dropout happening less than ten minutes ago.

John
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

That noise on the line indicates an obvious problem, is it apparent with a phone connected directly at the test socket and did the engineer not pick up on this?

Message 22 of 25

It is still noisy with the phone connected to the test-socket ... to be honest the engineer never mentioned the noisy phone line but I think it was okay yesterday ... however the connection has dropped out TWICE whilst trying to type this ...there is a definite fault somewhere ...

John
0 Likes

Message 23 of 25

'Crackling' that bad this morning that you can barely hear the caller's voice ... current speed check ... 9.12MBps download 0.21Mbps upload ... that is drastic !!!

John
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff
Message 24 of 25

Hi zenobi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've requested an update now and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff
Message 25 of 25

Hi zenobi,

I've received an update to advise that the fault has been passed back to Openreach and we should have a further update by Wednesday.

Thanks

0 Likes