FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuing Problems with Fibre Broadband Dropout

alanbee
Participant
Message 12 of 12

After 9 months of trying to resolve this issue, we are no further forward. Basically, most days (sometimes more than once a day) our router disconnects/drops out. We lose internet connectivity, the steady white light goes to flashing orange then it eventually resets but sometimes it doesn't and we have to switch off at the wall and power back up. We've been sent replacement routers (Sagem) and BT Openreach have visited our house 3 times. On the last visit they advised that the main cable from the cabinet into our street had been renewed and they then replaced the final stretch of cable to the "pole" in the street. Openreach's opinion is that we are "too far away" from the cabinet and this is most likely causing the dropouts and we may be better off on standard copper broadband? My worry with this is would the speed be fast enough as we have Netflix & Prime and sometimes watch together in different rooms. I'm now stuck with what to do can someone please advise where we can go from here?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

OK thanks Alan, could you continue to monitor over the weekend and let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Its been fine the past few days but I've had that before then it starts playing up?

I use ethernet to test speed. Speed isn't the issue. When everything works its no problem. The issue is simply it remaining connected from the cabinet to the house using the Sagemcom type router. When I was sent the Huawei router I was hoping it may solve the issue but there was something sadly wrong with it getting a download speed of 1.5Mg using it then back to 20Mg with the Sagemcom plugged back in,

Alan 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Alan,

How is stability now, it looks OK at our end? Sync speed is 20.8Mbps, are you running the speed test on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable or wifi?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply. There is no problem with my telephone service nor any noise on the line. The modem is plugged directly into the main master socket. As my initial post says, BT have been to this house three times since January, they have done numerous modem tests on the test socket. The original Sagemcom router was also replaced. I do not wish to start again going around in circles with test sockets etc it is getting me nowhere.

Maybe send another Huawei modem as this one must be faulty with the speeds its delivering. If so please send a couple of returns bags as I seem to be collecting TalkTalk routers. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Alan,

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Is your router currently connected to your Test Socket if you have one?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

Thank you for sending another modem, this time the Huawei DG8041W. Unfortunately as you can see by the attached speed test it is worse than ever. I've dropped from approx 20Mg to at best 10Mg and as you can see at times just over 1Mg download speed. I'm not sure if this modem is faulty but its unusable. The top and bottom readings were obtained with the original modem reconnected. Please advise next steps as I am unable to proceed with the test to see if it doesn't drop out with the Huawei type modem?

Screenshot_20201031-102454_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Message 8 of 12
Will do thanks,

Alan

Message 9 of 12

Hi Alan

Thanks for your reply.

I've ordered a different make and model of router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 10 of 12

Hello Debbie,

No I haven't had any alternative modem apart from the Sagemcom 5364 which was replaced earlier in the year to no avail. I would appreciate if there is an alternative you could supply and hopefully that may resolve this ongoing issue?

Please advise,

Alan

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi Alan

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Have you tested with a different make and model of router or only the Sagemcom WIFI Hub?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes