FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-Link 3782 Firmware Update

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Message 64 of 64

Hi OCE's it seems sometime ago that awareness was raised of firmware quirks along with the VPN issue when using the D-Link 3782 router.

Then a few months ago a revised test firmware was released for a day or two to fix the VPN issue, this firmware was then withdrawn awaiting an official release.

The current firmware on this device was built in December 2016, so well over 12 months old.

The HG633 device has regular updates to improve its performance, around three or four incremental releases within the past twelve months.

Has the 3782 router been abandoned by TalkTalk, or do D-Link not work as closely with TalkTalk for firmware updates?

Any ideas when / if the 3782 will have an update to enable reliable VPN working and to also address the issues you are aware of via forum feedback?

Many thanks in advance.

63 REPLIES 63

Message 21 of 64

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 21.23.18.png

0 Likes

Message 22 of 64

Under Preferences I have Preference Options but there isn't anythying there about Private Messages.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 64

@KeithFrench wrote:

It could well be that you have not made enough posts ..............

How many posts are 'enough' KeithFrench?  It would be useful to know!

0 Likes

Message 24 of 64

This is because, either you have not yet been assigned the option, by OCE, or at some time after assignment, you have opted out, here ......

> My settings > Preferences > Private Messenger > Private Messenger Settings

0 Likes

Message 25 of 64

Hi @harbledown

It could well be that you have not made enough posts to have PMs enabled as yet. Just put a link to your thread in this one.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 26 of 64

Already tried the top one. This is what I see

Capture.PNG

0 Likes

Message 27 of 64

I suspect you may be on the wrong avatar @harbledown, try top / right ......

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 18.27.30.png

0 Likes

harbledown
Conversation Starter
Message 28 of 64

Sorry to be so dim but when I select the avatar I see a box and at the bottom it says Send Message. I clicked on that and a page came up which showed Private Message but I couldn't see the facility to type or send a message.

I certainly saw no envelope.

0 Likes

iamisaid
Super Duper Contributor
Message 29 of 64

Select your Avatar and you will see envelope to the left.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 64

Hi Keith

Where is the link to send a PM? The notes say there should be an envelope at the top of the page but I can't see one.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 64

First off you cannot load any firmware from D-Link on the TalkTalk variant of the 3782. There has been talk of a VPN capable update, but as yet it has not been released. When it is released, then it will be automatically applied to your 3782. When the release date will be, is beyond the control of a customer like myself.

The HG635 was discontinued some while ago & since V2.00 firmware was released for the HG633, that has made big improvements to the WiFi, providing of course you do not have any underlying problems with WiFi generally in your locality. That said I can often help to resolve them.

If you want any further help then please PM me with a link to your current thread.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 64

Sorry for the confusion. I'll give you the whole story!

I have had a trhread going in Fibre Broadband about regular drops in internet. I have an HG633 router at present and OCE suggested I try the 3782. It arrived last week and has TalkTalk written on it. However, I saw elsewhwre that the 3782 does not support VPN, which I need. I tested the router and couldn't get the VPN connection to work.

I saw in the forums that the update for the 3782 might be able to allow VPN and that's why I'm posting in this forum and why I went on to the D-Link site. Are you saying that TalkTalk produce their own firmware updates? If so, how long are they likely to do so?

In the meantime I have posted back in the Fibre Broadband section to say that I have received the 3782 but that I don't want it because of lack of VPN.

It seems the general view in the forums is that the HG635 is a better router anyway but the COE say they can't let me have that model.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 64

Your recent post was rather confusing, I hope this addresses your concerns. You do not have a problem, so long as your 3782 is the TalkTalk variant. If you should for some reason have the D-Link variant then my comments about contacting D-Link still hold.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 34 of 64

I am a TalkTalk customer.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 64

Hi @harbledown

From the way I read your post, I assume that you are not a TalkTalk customer. The TalkTalk variant of the DSL-3782 has its firmware updates directly from TalkTalk, so if you are not a TalkTalk customer & have the D-Link variant of the DSL-3782, you need to contact D-Link about this.

If the DSL-3782 is no longer listed in the support section of the D-Link website, then there is nothing TalkTalk can do to help you.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 36 of 64

"Firmware updates will still be pushed to existing routers"

Is this only for TalkTalk users? If not, how do non-TalkTalk owners get the downloads because, as I said, I couldn't find any support on the D-Link website.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 64

I asked a few weeks ago if an update was still going to be rolled out now that they have the new superhub on the scene, This is the reply I got.

"Firmware updates will still be pushed to existing routers. 

Our teams have been finalizing the firmware and testing this with Openreach to ensure it meets their standards before it is allowed to be used across their network.  When this has been completed and signed off then the team will look at starting an update campaign"

0 Likes

harbledown
Conversation Starter
Message 38 of 64

If you search on the D-Link UK site for the DSL-3782 nothing comes up. So, I assume support has ended.

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 39 of 64

My Dlink App? Is there an app you can use?

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 40 of 64

Still no update on the D-Link 3782 firmware? Is it still being tested? Any timescale on when it will be released? Still on V1.08t.

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes