FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDNS Advice

shere
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

ddns.JPG

Hi see image, I cannot get the IP to update the dyndns server. I have checked the username and password and these are correct. 

Example of the format used in the domain field is 'test.dvrdns.org'.

Is the server address correct for dyndns?

What could be the issue? 

Please advise. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

That would explain why I didn't recognise your HG635 layout, the business version has a completely different firmware to the residential one. This forum is for residential customers only, not business ones. I have never seen this firmware so cannot advise, as I have no way of testing this. 

All I can therefore suggest is to go to the Dyndns support site or use the official support for TalkTalk Business Customers:-

https://supportcentre.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/home

Thank you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8
Hi, Business Customer.

Can you advise on the settings and format please I should be using for the fields?

If you can use sample field type with the correct format.

I have configured DDNS on a BT hub without any issues.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Are you a TalkTalk business customer by any chance, as I have never seen an HG635 in that colour scheme/layout before? Perhaps the business version has different firmware to the residential version.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi the router is a Super Router HG635.

Please advise on the settings and if they are correct.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Before I can help you, as I asked in my earlier reply, what make/model of router are you using?

Keith

Message 6 of 8
Hi, yes. I expect the ip to update Dyndns when it changes.

As you can see in the screenshot it says failed to synchronise.

Can you check the format of the fields I have formatted.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Is the router the DDNS client? What make/model of router are you using?

Keith