FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG8041W - Kernel panics

ttbub
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

HI Guys

Just had two kernel panic system outages in a row. No wifi, no DSL. This has happened a few times over the last few weeks.

Never had this with my HG635. Flawless until its wifi started dying.  Is there any new firmware yet to address this? / New router ?

Kr T

TTBub
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ttbub
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 7

Hi Karl

Thank you, fingers crossed!

kr T

TTBub
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi ttbub

Your router is now on v1.06t. See if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

1.06t has been around for a good while, but it is not being deployed automatically, it only gets pushed out to customers who specifically report that they have the Kernel Panic issue, this is because the only change in 1.06t is the fix for this specific issue, and this issue only appears to affect a small percentage of these routers.

ttbub
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 7

Great thank you, good to hear!  I guess this is brand new? as 1.05t seems to have been the latest for a long time.

kr T

TTBub
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @ttbub,

Yes, presumably you are on firmware 1.05t. There is a new version called 1.06t which specifically fixes this issue. The staff here won't be around until Monday, but when they pick up this post next week they will be able to push 1.06t to your router.