FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG8041W - Port forwarding not working

Andrea 93
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Hi guys,

I am having a lot of problems with this broadband. I need to open a few ports (80,88,53,500,3074,3544,4500), after I did so and save the settings I realised that they are not opened at all.

I did a quick check on https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and all of them are marked as "CLOSED". I also tried to disable the firewall on the router, enable DMZ and nothing seem to be working.

Also I can't forward the port 53 and 80 because it says that they are already in use (I was reading in another topic that this router uses them for the interface or something like that which is ridicolous).

Do you know how I can fix this? I need them because I am having a lot of problems with Teredo and online matchmaking.

Check the screenshots attached, I think I did everything right.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

I opened UDP port 3544 no problem, are you sure in your rule you set the protocol to UDP? I have also tested this port out & it too works fine. This is the rule I used:-

UDP 3544.png

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

This proves that your application on the PC has not opened the ports you need. You need to investigate this first. It is the responsibility of the application to open these ports, everything else just provides access to the ports.

How did I check the UDP ports - I wrote a couple of applications to do it.

I will need to look into this other problem & get back to you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Keith,

I run the command you said and i just get "C:\WINDOWS\system32>"

How did you check the UDP ports?

EDIT: I also noticed that I can't open the port 3544, I get this message: " The configured port conflicts with the internal service port."

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi @Andrea 93 

I do also have a way of testing UDP ports & I tried a few of these - 88, 500 & 3074.

All of these worked OK as well.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Andrea,

I have checked TCP port 3074 on my router forwarded to my PC it it reported open first time. This is the rule I used (which is basically the same as yours):-

3074 config.png

And the port checker:-

Port checker.png

So the problem is not the router. Please can you open a command prompt on your PC & issue this command followed by Return or Enter:-

netstat -an | find "3074"

Then paste the output from this in your reply, thanks.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

I'll try that TCP port for you later

Keith

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi,

All of the ports are hosted on windows and yes, I opened all of them through my firewall as well.

This is how they need to be:

TCP: 3074

UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500

And then 53 and 80 for Teredo.

3074 is opened on both TCP and UDP but if I do a check its still marked as closed.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

You may be up against several issues here & you really need to identify which of these ports are TCP & which are UDP. With a lot of these ports, the fact that they do not work in the DMZ points to your testing or the device you are trying to forward to, being the problem.

However, first, TCP port 80, which currently can't be used due to a firmware issue, which I have already brought to the attention of the developers. However, you can use a different external port & translate that within the rule to an internal port 80.

Are you using your own DNS server (port 53) then, otherwise, why do you want to forward this port?

UDP ports are not compatible with any web-based port checkers as they work in a totally different manner to TCP.

Are these ports being hosted on a Windows PC, if so, have you allowed them through the Windows firewall?

When you can confirm which ports are TCP & which are UDP, then I will try & help you further.

Keith

0 Likes