FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG8041W dropped wifi connections again

ttbub
Chat Champion
Message 29 of 29

HI Guys

I'm already on firmware 1.06t for kernel panic reasons. But am still suffering with wifi clients being kicked off, requiring a router restart.

Is this thing still the best router TT have? clearly unstable. Are there any old HG635 units in stock, that thing was flawless.

Cheers T

TTBub
28 REPLIES 28

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 1 of 29

Hi @Stevechaz,

For the team here to look into your issue you would need to start your own topic on the community and explain exactly what problems you are having.

You will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow the team to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in your new topic, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

The staff here probably won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond early next week to help.

0 Likes

Stevechaz
First Timer
Message 2 of 29

Hi Service team can i have a new router as this system is crap

Steve

Steve T
0 Likes

Stevechaz
First Timer
Message 3 of 29

I have had so many problems with the super fast BB it keeps dropping out and this causing so many problems with my Hive central heating controls too .why does this keep happening 

Steve T
0 Likes

ttbub
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 29

Hi Support guys

All 2.4Ghz clients dropped off the network this evening again. (DG8041W running 1.06)

If I try the sagemcom again, and we have the same issue, and TT dont have any other router option, where does that leave customers? Do you help pay for a 3rd party solution?

KR T

TTBub
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 29

Yes, that can be the case, but if you are switching between two modern routers that use the same type of encryption you can often get away with it and it will just work.

So it will often work if you are switching between two modern routers, but it can be an issue if you are switching from an older model of router to a modern router. So might be worth a try !

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Hi Skynet, thanks I believe I've tried that before and have been unsuccessful. Is it as simple as that? Aren't there other factors at play MAC addresses and how the password is encrypted etc? 

TTBub
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 29

@ttbub You could always update the SSID and Password on the new router you receive, to match the SSID and password of the router you are currently using, then in theory all of our devices will just connect to your new router without you having to reconfigure them.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29

I'm not sure which firmware your Sagemcom currently has but I think it's likely to have an older version than the current version. As far as I'm aware later firmware versions don't specifically address wi-fi connectivity so I can understand it if you don't want to swap routers and change everything over. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Hi Chris, thanks it's very disruptive to swap routers about and reconfigure about 30 devices as you can appreciate.  What's the latest firmware and has it been designed to improve wifi stability?  there's no point if that has never been a factor in subsequent releases. If you don't know the answer or haven't got a change log that's a bit worrying too as it would be really helpful for you guys and the efficiency of this whole process to have transparency.

Kr T

TTBub
0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

In that case it's likely to have an older firmware version so we could try a more recent version. Please let me know if you'd like to try this

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Hi Chris

Here's my last post about the sagemcom unit - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Sagemcom-wifi-clients-dopping-please-also-run-a-line-test/...  So whatever firmware it was back then.

kr T

TTBub
0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

OK thanks. Do you know which firmware version the Sagemcom currently has?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

It just started being really flaky, then didn't work ultimately. It's been recycled now.

TTBub
0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Could I just ask what happened to the HG635, do you still have it?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

Hi Chris, yes I've done that for years, my benchmark for this stuff as I say, is the HG635 router you used to provide (versus the hg633 which did!). That never dropped clients and I expect has a much slower cpu and so on.

kr T

TTBub
0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

Hi ttbub,

Sounds like it could be wifi congestion if you're experiencing the same issue with 2 different makes and models of router, have you tried using a wi-fi analyser to check for the least congested wi-fi channel?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

HI Michelle

EG multiple wifi clients, suddently having no connection. including phone, light bulbs, cameras.  Some stay, some get booted off..

kr T

TTBub
0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion, can I just confirm, what specific issue you are experiencing the Huawei Wifi Hub please? I wasn't sure what you mean by clients being kicked off?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

Hi Michelle - dropping wifi - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Sagem-FAST5364-newest-firmware-kicked-off-nearly-all-wifi/...3

even with the "wifi optimisation" turned off

kr T

TTBub
0 Likes

Message 20 of 29

Hi,

Did you also experience dropping wireless with the Huawei Wifi Hub or was this a different issue?

Thanks

0 Likes