FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP not functioning correctly

Alchall
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

I am trying to use my ASUS CT8 router with my new future fibre 500 service. 

Initially it worked but I now cannot get a connection, the router says that DHCP is not functioning correctly.

I have set VLAN to 101 and priority 0 as directed by the info here.

I can connect when I revert to the TalkTalk supplied hub so there’s clearly a connection but it seems like my service is locked to the talk talk hub and won’t supply an IP address to the Asus 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 9

Hi Alchall,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

I have now resolved this.

I decided to start again, ignoring the fact that TalkTalk's instructions say to set VLAN to 101 etc. I let the router go through it's standard setup routine without applying any specific settings and it worked, I'm now up and running...

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Initially it worked, but when I switched to the talk talk hub temporarily and then switched back to the ASUS it will no longer connect.

I’ve done a full factory reset and set it up again from scratch but still no joy

0 Likes

Nrug0r
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 9

Never had FTTP myself, though I wonder if you're using MPoA?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Are you sure that this third party router is totally compatible with the TalkTalk service. This is a problem that I cannot help with, as I do not have one of these.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Bump

Any ideas?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

There's no TalkTalk settings in the router but I have set it up according to the information in that link...

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Does this router have a TalkTalk option to configure it by, otherwise, a lot of 3rd party routers do not request that the lease allocated to them by the network to be extended. This is a feature of the router, not the network, hence why your TalkTalk router works OK.

Have a look at this page:-

Set up a non-TalkTalk router - TalkTalk Help & Support

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes