Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DLM / Line Reset?

15 REPLIES 15
mikethemitch
Team Player

Hi Chris / Debbie / Michelle,

I have spoken to the Loyalty Team (re: Fibre Speed Boost Issue post) and now have Speed Boost for free, but due to me plugging / unplugging the router from the test socket etc it looks as though the sync speed has dropped off. I have turned the router off for 30 minutes a couple of times to refresh the session with no effect - are you able to perform a DLM / reset of line?

Regards Mike.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mike,

We can't reset DLM but if the connection remains stable DLM should move you to a faster profile over the next few days 

Chris

mikethemitch
Team Player

Hi Chris, Thanks for the prompt response....I will keep an eye on the speed over the next few days. Regards Mike.

OCE_Michelle

Hi mike,

How are you getting on?

Thanks 🙂

mikethemitch
Team Player

Hi Michelle, The profile / speed has not changed yet. Regards Mike.

Upstream = 8496

Downstream = 39132

OCE_Michelle

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm, what speeds were you receiving prior to adding the boost? Is your connection also unstable?

Thanks

mikethemitch
Team Player

Hi Michelle, The speed was a little lower (approx 8Mbps / 38Mbps) than it is at the moment and the connection is stable. Note: I was getting 9Mbps / 45Mbps when DLM was changing the sync speed /  profile, but I messed it up plugging / unplugging the router. Regards Mike.

OCE_Debbie

Hi Mike

Your line is in sync at 38.5mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check/confirm the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

mikethemitch
Team Player

Hi Debbie, I have responded to your PM accordingly. Regards Mike.

OCE_Debbie

Hi Mike

Thanks for the Private Message.

The predicted speed range for your line is showing between 46 and 29mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 24.9mb.

Your current sync speed is within the predicted range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

mikethemitch
Team Player

Hi Debbie, Thank you for the prompt response....when will it be 44Mbps again? Regards Mike.

NOTE: Service Centre seems to think there is an issue with my connection.

OCE_Debbie

Hi Mike

Has the router been connected at the test socket for at least 48hrs without being rebooted?

Thanks

Debbie

mikethemitch
Team Player

Hi Debbie, Yes it has....6 days 23 hours 54 minutes - since I messed things up and the sync speed dropped off. Regards Mike.

OCE_Debbie

Hi Mike

Ok, it might be worth us sending a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

mikethemitch
Team Player

Hi Debbie, Thank you for the offer of a replacement router for testing purposes, but my HG633 is working with no issues....it all comes down to DSL Restarts / plugging / unplugging the router. Regards Mike.

OCE_Debbie

Hi Mike

As the current speed is above the minimum guaranteed speed we would be unable to log this as a fault to Openreach.

If the connection continues to remain stable then DLM may start to increase the speed again.

Thanks

Debbie