FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM reset please

OrogDTS
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I’m seeing a sync max of 45060kbps and I used to sync between 40000-42000 but now struggle to get 30000. We had an issue with a junction box in our building which was rusty and has been replaced and the noise on the line is gone now but my speeds have not gone up. Can you please reset my line for me.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi OrogDTS

Thanks for your reply.

We can't reset DLM remotely, this would need to be arranged by an Openreach engineer (during an engineer visit)

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for 48hrs without rebooting? We can then check to see if DLM starts to increase the speed in this set up,

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

OrogDTS
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

I have been testing 2 different routers yesterday which is why there are a number of reconnections. I have tried the test socket and a new filter as well all with no improvement. A line reset will hopefully help 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi OrogDTS

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 29mb.

There are re connections showing on the line and this can affect the sync speed.

Is the connection dropping or have you rebooted the router? Is the router at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

FritzCT
Wise Owl
Message 4 of 7

If OR replaced the junction box then I think they would usually do a DLM reset anyway.

If it wasn't OR then it may just be that you need to wait for the DLM to do its thing as I think only OR engineers can reset it and they'll only see it as an issue if you are below guaranteed speeds.

How long ago was the repair?

0 Likes

OrogDTS
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

I have left it off overnight a couple of times as well as the usual 30 min resets nothing seems to make a difference. Even tried a different modem. Same difference. 

0 Likes

bigkenny
Problem Solver
Message 6 of 7

Have you tried turning router off for 30mins+ and switch back on it might reset at higher speed

0 Likes