FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Server Issues with new Sagecom Hub

alanburch
Participant
Message 13 of 13

Hi

I was persuaded to upgrade to Faster Fibre or whatever the 60 odd Mb service is called and received a new Sagecom WiFi Hub a month ago. Since then the speed is no quicker than before at all at about 35mb, but that is not the problem. Almost daily and sometimes twice a day the internet goes down, the Wifi remains connected and unusually email continues to work OK. The router's log records are littered with hundreds of DNS Name Resolution Errors an hour. It looks like it has a breakdown after too many errors and gives up. The only way to get back on the internet is to reboot the router which takes about 5 mins.

Hardware version; FAST5364 3.00

Software version; SG4K10002816t

GUI Version; 3.7.8

Alan

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

No Problem, we are here when you need us.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

alanburch
Participant
Message 2 of 13

Thanks, I'll report back when I receive the new router.

Alan

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 13

Hi Alan

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

alanburch
Participant
Message 4 of 13

Hi

Yes please, that would be good as we can rule out a router hardware fault.

Alan

Message 5 of 13

Hello,

Ok, would you like us to send the Huawei Wifi Hub for testing purposes? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

alanburch
Participant
Message 6 of 13

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. The voice quality has been fine, no problems since about a month ago. The light on the router remains on and white all the time, even when there is no internet. Looking at the router log the DNS errors occur throughout the night, less often than when we are using the internet, only once last night at 03.52.15, but several more this morning since we have been on the internet. Most DNS errors seem to occur 4 times at the same time then often exactly a minute later for another 4 times. Mostly they pass without intervention, but once or twice a day the internet goes down, the web browser shows a DNS Server Error and no web pages will display, however even at this time we can still check emails on the same computer that says DNS Server Error. Also if Internet radio via Alexa is on at that time it keeps playing and I don't think it's just a buffer. Alexa however is unresponsive. The only way to get the internet back is to reboot the router, we have left it for hours and it won't recover without a reboot.

We have a friend in the next village who has also been having similar problems recently, same TT Sagecom router, but his recovers itself and doesn't need a router reboot. 

Alan

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 13

Hi Alan,

I'm sorry to hear this. We're currently in the process of rolling out the new firmware, however the line test is detecting a potential fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service? Does the light remain white on the router when this happens?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 13

The model TalkTalk supply has proprietary software, there is no user option for downloads. If you wait for the support team to respond they can advise further. 

0 Likes

alanburch
Participant
Message 9 of 13

The Software Update page on the router says; "Step 1 - Obtain an updated software image file from your ISP."

Where can I obtain this and what version fixes the DNS problem, I have had this problem for about a month now.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 13

It will come automatically, just make sure your router is connected during the small hours. 

0 Likes

alanburch
Participant
Message 11 of 13

Thanks, how do I download it?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

There is a software update currently being rolled out which fixes this issue.

0 Likes