FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS name resolution

Jillandcarl
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Does anyone know how to fix these errors? Looking at the server log we get them every 15 seconds. Normally (like now) it doesn’t affect us accessing the internet but it is starting to break my link to my employers servers as I need a stable internet for this. I’m guessing the two things are linked but have no idea.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Jillandcarl

Thanks for your reply. Yes this is a Sagemcom WIFI hub.

I have ordered you a Huawei WIFI hub (this looks similar to the router you have it's just a different make and model)

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 2 of 6

That would be great Debbie. I’m not sure what router we currently have apart from it’s black and we got it from talktalk c2 years ago. Hardware version says FAST5364 3.00 so guessing it’s sagemcom.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Jillandcarl

We have new firmware in testing at the moment to resolve the issue with DNS but we don't have a date at the moment for when this will be rolled out.

Would you like me to send you a Huawei WIFI hub?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

What hub do you currently have? @Jillandcarl 

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes

cjy42
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 6

I've tended to use DNS Benchmark (https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm) to identify the best DNS servers to use and then apply them to my network's configuration.

Could be worth running to see if it helps identify some more reliable DNS servers for you?

0 Likes