FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL-AC68U and TalkTalk Fibre

JamesRe06
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

Hello there, I'm receiving a DSL-AC68U on Tuesday and wondering how easy it is to setup on TalkTalk Fibre, I've read a few posts on here regarding it and from what I gather it should be a simple task of unplugging my current TalkTalk modem and just plugging the DSL-AC68U in and going through a set up wizard, is there anyone here who has a DSL-AC68U and can tell me what they did to set theirs up?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Ah okay, thats good to know, I've seen a few videos of the set up wizard and it looks fairly straight forward, I'll see tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

The username/password setup won't work, TalkTalk use remote authentication via DHCP servers. So choose that. But hopefully the setup "wizard" or whatever it is will do all that for you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9
Oh yeah I'm gonna keep it on standby if I ever need it, thanks for your help!
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9
Yep, just spoke to someone and I didn't realise the "Username" was my telephone number and @talktalk I was reading it wrong, so hopefully everything should go smoothly, thanks guys.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi James, you certainly will not need the Talktalk router but don't forget you will need it if your line ever has problems, Talktalk cannot be expected to support third party kit.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 6 of 9
@Divsec and @zomby

I'm wondering if I need to keep my TalkTalk router plugged in anymore since the DSL-AC68U is a modem and router I will see if I can chat to live support now and if they have any information on it.
0 Likes

zomby
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 9
Hi @JamesRe06,

From what I've read, you should only need your talktalk login details and password. @CRITU mentioned this in a previous thread:

https😕/community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Asus-DSL-AC55U-Router-Setup-for-VDSL/m-p/2306629#M7292...
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi James, I would just plug it in and see what happens. Asus stuff is pretty indestructible, and you don't need a paperclip to reset.

I have the RT n 66u which takes the line from my Draytek quite happily.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes