FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Not Initialising??

phile
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Morning. Need some help with my connection.. it’s been intermittent since Saturday, dropping connection and trying to initialise the DSL connection. It seems to drop out for no reason but then also comes back for no reason! Stays stable for a minimum of 12 hours then drops out again! Unfortunately this time it’s been off since 8pm last night and still not back on 12 hours later. I contacted somebody on Sunday who did the line checks etc but once he found out that I wasn’t using a TalkTalk router ( I have an tp-link Archer V900 ) he diagnosed it was a router issue and sent me a super talktalk router. I tested that last night with all new cables but that couldn’t connect either! So.. can someone respond with the next steps please? I live in Perranporth in Cornwall

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

phile
Team Player
Message 1 of 7

Hey Debbie.. I received your message 4 hours ago and replied - could you confirm with me what the current state of play is please? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi phile

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

phile
Team Player
Message 3 of 7

Hi Debbie,

That would be great as I need my connection for work.. 
Will there be a cost for the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi phile

Thanks for your reply.

Are you happy for me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Debbie

0 Likes

phile
Team Player
Message 5 of 7

Hey Debbie, thanks for the reply.. I only have one telephone socket in my house of the older type with no test socket.. By old type I mean one that only has one socket and I have to use a splitter for my phone and cable to router..

But yes.. it’s connected and turned on..

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi phile

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes