FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Network Outages

adambish1
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I'm experiencing daily outages to my internet connection. The outage is on the DSL, not on the Wi-Fi, as I can still connect and login to the router locally and view the DSL info when the outages occur.

The outages happen between 15:30 - 16:30 each day and only last 3-4 minutes (whilst the DSL connection re-establishes). However, as I'm working from home and have frequent conference calls at this time it is getting very annoying.

Please can this be looked into?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi adam,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see some re-connection on the line. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect a microfilter and router at the test socket so we can see how the stability compares please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @adambish1,

If you are having drops of connection at around the same time every day, but at all other times the connection is stable, then have you checked to see if there is anything in your home that could be causing electrical interference on your phone line at that specific time. Something like the central heating switching on (if your phone line runs anywhere near that equipment) etc.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two