FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily connection drops

jmarshall509
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Ive been in touch over the phone and via live chat several times attempting to deal with the issue im having so this is really a last hope. Pretty much every day my internet connection drops alot of times for short periods, a few days ago i kept track of all the times it died and came back and noted 14 times (that i was aware of). We had an Open Reach engineer come out and he said there was nothing wrong from his tests and every time i contact TalkTalk they say the same, trouble is by the time i can contact anyone after a disconnect the service is back until the next time. Its frustrating having upgraded to Fibre and getting such better speeds that i still have this issue which has plagued my internet connection for months now.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi jmarshall509 

I've ordered a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

No just this one router, think we've had it around 2 years.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 15

Hi jmarshall509,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have an alternative router that you could test with? If not then please let us know and we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

0 Likes

jmarshall509
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 15

And again now at 22:57, this is incredibly annoying.

0 Likes

jmarshall509
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 15

So far today my connection has dropped at 14:35 14:45 17:24 20:16 and now at 22:51. All immediate with no issues before hand and all back and working within a minute of it occuring.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi derbyboy57,

Welcome to the Community. If you need assistance can you start your own thread and we'll be happy to help 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi jmarshall509,

That drop will be due to OCE_Michelle running the line test 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

I have exactly the same problem. Hours of chat to support staff, who often just disconnect when they run out of answers; house and devices thoroughly checked out by BT Openreach engineer, no fault found; line checks, equipment checks and connectivity checks up the ying yang. All to no avail. Download speed is around 20mbps. This is not the problem. It's the constant interruptions in service, which don't appear to be trackable by TalkTalk's software. During the course of trying to watch something on, say Netflix, over wired ethernet it will typically cut out 4-5 times an hour. For up to 2-3 minutes at a time. Sometimes you can resume. At other times, you have to back out and re-start the app. Usually the case with the BBC iplayer. TalkTalk used to blame this on non-existent engineering work.

I'd be interested to see whether you get any answers, as by a quick search on this site, which I joined today, many other people are in the same boat.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

About 10 minutes ago, everything loses internet connection and about less than a minute later it's back and fine.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi jmarshall509,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-checked the connection stats and the connection looks stable for just over 3 days. Just to confirm, when did you last experience a drop in connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Yes that loses connection too.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 15

Hi jmarshall509,

Thanks for confirming this. Is the sky box also losing connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

There is no change in colour of the lights but the last 4 flash green in unison while the connection wont work and once it returns the lights go back to their usual patern. Only 1 device (sky box) is connected via ethernet the rest are all wireless.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi jmarshall509,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service. I've taken a look at your connection stats and I can see 3 or 4 reconnections over the last week or so but nothing like as many as the number you're reporting.

Do the lights change on your router when the connections appears to drop?

Are the devices affected all connected by wifi to your router? Do you have any devices connected to your router by Ethernet cable

Chris

0 Likes