FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged my main socket.

Andrewt1
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hello.

I had a lovely fall and landed right on the wall housing my main master socket

and managed to damage a double point power socket as well.

since it happened i've noticed my BB keeps dropping out and the phone line also

cuts out but does come back.

the master socket is currently upstairs with me but owing to my illness going worse

mum and dad have made a bedroom downstairs for me and put a Cat 5 cable (all weather one)

outside and running along the wall to the new room for internet access, for some reason Wifi just doesnt work up here. 

Main reason for posting given the damage on the socket think it would be best just having the master socket moved and wonder please any ideas how much this would cost?

many thanks 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Andrewt1

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to take a look at the master socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Michelle 

BB drops out a few times a day never did that before the accident

the phone line does work but it sounds like im calling from Mars it does lose the signal but then comes back.  Yes it came off the wall so at the moment gaffer tape is holding it in place.

there were no extension sockets fitted just the master socket.

We all moved in together after my diagnosis so mum and dad have one phone line with Sky

and I have this one with Talk Talk. With my sisters children calling all the time they use the PS5 and netflix like mad so its very heavy use. hehe 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry to hear this. Has the socket come off the wall completely? Do you have a dial tone at the moment? Is the extension socket still working?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

thank you for the link

got some saving to do 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Andrewt1,

There is some more info here in the 'Openreach Visit' section.