FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedicated IP address

Arthena
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I host a local server for my home CCTV system and need a dedicated IP address from TalkTalk. I can set static IP addressing but every time I have a router reset my Talk Talk IP Addrerss changes and I have to reset it on my Web App. Any way of getting a dedicated IP address please.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

One thing though, TTB users are not allowed to use this forum.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Many thanks for the great info. Have not been very happy with Talk Talk customer services due to not being able to get hold of them. I am moving over to Talk Talk Business who will sort everything out. They have English (UK) call centers and are cheaper as well. Win Win

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Which address are you talking about, the private address allocated to the CCTV via the router, or the public one allocated to the router from the network?

In the first case, the easiest way is to use a DHCP reserved IP address and if the latter, unless you are a TalkTalk Business customer, you need to use a DDNS provider that is compatible with your router, or if you have a PC that is running 24/7 they often provide a client to run on there. Some DDNS providers are free, whilst others are not.

With no way of knowing which make/model of router that you have, I cannot be more specific.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?