FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices losing connection to router

Pajspaj
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Recently both wired and wireless devices have started to lose connectivity to my WiFi hub. Usually only one or two devices are affected at the same time but occasionally it affects everything.

A reboot of the WiFi hub usually does the trick to restore but it is very frustrating and happening a few times a week.

I've tried spitting the WiFi into separate 2.4 and 5Ghz ssids, and also assigned all devices static addresses but no improvement.

If I wire up to the router and login whilst the issue is ongoing I cannot see anything immediately amiss.

My account is showing devices are having connectivity issues but advises it is unable to assist with individual devices.

Is it worth trying a different hub/router to rule this out?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hello,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection compares over the next few days 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Pajspaj
First Timer
Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie, the new router is in, thank you.

We've had one blip yesterday so far but this looked to be the connection and not WiFi, so will continue to monitor.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Pajspaj

Apologies for this.

I have ordered the router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Pajspaj
First Timer
Message 4 of 9

Good morning, 

A few devices have dropped overnight so yes let's go ahead with a replacement router, as the front LED hasn't changed.

Do you need my address or can you get it from my profile?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 9

Hi Pajspaj

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Would you like me to send a different router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

Ok, would be interesting to see what the LED does next time it happens, if it flashes amber / white then that would indicate the router itself is losing connection with the internet and is having to reconnect. If the LED remains solid white then the router is staying connected fine and it is possible you may be suffering from this known DNS issue.

Staff here will be able to help more tomorrow, they may be able to see if your router has been losing connection or not.

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the response!

It's a Sagemcom SG4K10002816t, Unsure about the LED at the time of issues as I'd disabled it in the settings. I've just re-enabled it and there is a solid white LED on the now...

I've also updated my profile, thanks.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Pajspaj,

What make of hub is it, the Sagemcom or the Huawei ?

If you have the Sagemcom then it is possible you are suffering from a known DNS issue that can affect a certain version of firmware on that router.

Does the LED remain solid white when you are having these issues.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.