FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diabolically slow Fibre Broadband and intermittent too

ABC24016708
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 2

This situation has been going on for far too long. Just before Christmas I had a BT Engineer visit, he was the first person to actually achieve anything positive.

He tested everything and said there was nothing in my home system which would cause my problems. He went to the "Cabinet" and found several problems, most of which I didn't understand. He managed to get me back to 18 whatever they are, from 4 prior to his visit (acceptable speed although not what I am paying for).

I returned from my Christmas break to find that I was back to the speed and dropping out I had before the engineer fixed it??

What is happening, how can the system be so fragile.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi ABC24016708,

Sorry to hear you're speed has dropped again. Line test is passing but the line management system (DLM) has moved you to a slower profile. It does this either because the connection is unstable and/or the error count is too high

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes