FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty making a card payment currently. My Account page is broken, catastrophically.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 11

Firstly, may I say that I find it deeply unsettling that I am forced to ask an unknown community this question, rather than asking the relevant person, namely a professional employee of Talk Talk. What the hell  is going on? (Don't lie to me using Covid as an excuse.)

Right, My bill is due in four days and My Account page is broken, it simply goes dark when I click on "Make card Payment". When I log in, I am met with a white screen where my account details should be. I looked around for another link to "Make Card Payment" on another page and found one, hurrah, alas, this time the page only gets as far as loading the first line of my address. (As a former Corporate Web Developer, I know that sites are NEVER worked on, live. This site appears to be woefully inadequate, and currently being worked on live, by people clearly unqualified to do so.)

I am forced to make card payments until someone at Talk Talk can find a way to set up a Direct Debit with a new reference number.

So here I am, forced to ask an unknown and no doubt unqualified, collective, just what the hell is going on, and if I cannot pay my bill on time, who do I take to Court for attempted extortion by charging a bill and then refusing to provide a payment method?

Thanks for the Amazon product when I renewed my contract, I didn't want it, but ordered it and gave it away to someone with dementia who needs it more than I. Unwanted gifts, however, do not compensate for this utter shambles I am currently attempting to deal with.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 11

@Arne-TalkTalk , hoped you logged his IP address, I've a feeling Mr Angry may be reincarnated !

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Looks like he has deleted his profile.  Never mind we all tried. 

Message 4 of 11

Firefox has recently updated, when browsers push security updates more often than not the pop blockers are re-enabled, also adblock has been proven to cause issues aswell.  So as a test disable adblocker for the My Account site and see if that helps.  

I appreciate that you are angry, When live chat agents are busy you have to keep refreshing until the Blue Chat now button appears. 

Alternatively call the number given. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 11

@Anonymous You can find a variety of alternative ways to pay in the help article here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Payment-methods-and-paying-your-bill/ta-p/2204899 

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 11

@Anonymous , you are talking absolute rubbish, the screenshot was taken a couple of minutes ago after I hit the CHAT NOW button, maybe your browser add-ons and extensions are the problem old chap !

Check the date/time at the bottom.

Chat is available from this link

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529#U2230529

Screenshot 2021-08-26 115611.jpg

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11

Advising me to go to Live Chat? THE SAME LIVE CHAT THAT IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE AND HAS BEEN FOR WEEKS?

Are you people even human?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 11

@Anonymous  if you think we are a dysfunctional bunch here, go to Live Chat or call the phone number given to you by the staff member @Arne-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 11

Thank you for your response.

Firstly, I only use Firefox and over two years I have had no issues with it. I am not going to install a new browser to compensate for this nonsense, I shouldn't have to. I use adblock but as far as I'm aware (which of course, is fully), I have no pop up blockers - even though such intrusions are incredibly irritating.

Secondly, you've given me details to set up a new direct debit, but I already knew these things and attempted to set one up recently, only to be told by my bank that Talk Talk need to resubmit their DD application with a different reference number. Did you miss the part in my initial post where I said My Account page is catastrophically broken? I CANNOT REACH ANYTHING!

So yes, I am still furiously attempting to pay my bill here, talking to a human is not advisable right now.

I'm categorically NOT "struggling", I am angry. Sort your payment page out, make it functional and I will pay my bill.

Failure to do so will result in escalation as I lack the patience to deal with such an amateurish performance as this.

On top of that this forum is disgustingly dysfunctional. Your company is a shambles.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi Bryan Statham

Sorry that you are unhappy.

If you are having problems with My Account we always ask customers to try different browsers and also ensure that all pop up blockers are disabled for the site aswell. 

A direct debit can be setup via My Account 

1. Go to Manage payment method  under bills and Payment menu at the top in My Account
  2. Select the button to update Direct Debit details
  3. Enter or amend your bank details and submit your changes

If you are still struggling I  would suggest calling our Customer service Team during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046 or try our Live chat service 

They can help you make the payment. 

Hope that helps.